case trimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on what I am trimming really. I have a couple of the World's Finest Trimmers for 300 blackout and 223. I can hold +/- .002" with the WFT. They are easy to use, but do require the brass to be sized before trimming.

This +1 or I've been using a Lyman universal case trimmer that I bought the adapter to run off a drill and it works really well but the speed of a WFT is worth the money. I guess it would depend on how many different calibers you reload for.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up the possum Hollow trimmer and power adapter. I am still needing to try them out but after a few youtube videos they look very promising. Used in a drill press of course.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate it too. I finally got a Dillon for .223 and it makes quick easy work out of trimming. CH4D makes dies for almost anything you want to trim in the Dillon Rapid Trim.

Yes, it does cost a few dollars but it is cheaper than a wife.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have so many options, but for mass quantities, I go with the Dillon rapid trim. I have a 550 set up with the rapid trim for doing 223 stuff. First stage is a normal size de prime die, second position is the rapid trim. Third position is another sizing die backed out a couple of turns with no de capping pin on the expander. Both of my Dillon trim dies in 223 leave the case neck too small after processing, so this setup lets me do everything but the primer pockets in one operation. For just a few cases of some caliber, the lee trimmer with a drill is fastest for me. For stuff I haven't invested in Dillon Rapid trim dies, (I have 7) I use the RCBS power trimmer and case prep center. I still have a manual Lyman trimmer as well as a Forster manual trimmer and the Forster gets used mostly for neck turning and reaming..

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DITTO! My least favorite part as well! I, too, use an old Forster trimmer that I have had for years. Just a few cases, I'll still do by hand. But, if I know I'm gonna' be trimming a bunch, I made myself an adapter that takes the place of the handle and I just chuck my drill motor up to it! I'll see if I can't get you some pics later. Quick and easy (and CHEAP)! That's what you wanted ... right?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
DITTO! My least favorite part as well! I, too, use an old Forster trimmer that I have had for years. Just a few cases, I'll still do by hand. But, if I know I'm gonna' be trimming a bunch, I made myself an adapter that takes the place of the handle and I just chuck my drill motor up to it! I'll see if I can't get you some pics later. Quick and easy (and CHEAP)! That's what you wanted ... right?
hey don, thats correct,self admitted cheap skate here! i've seen some with the drill mounted in the crank position. however,i think my cutting head is fairly dull and i may need a new one. i kinda figured that if i already have to order some parts then i might look at something different. in the meantime, i might play around with the drill idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom