I like tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s my 70# one I bought off a co worker. It’s stamped ‘Sweeden’. Not as fancy a mount but it works and I actually use quite frequently

View attachment 464701

Nice mount. I see most of them mounted on cut logs and never understood why.
Back a couple of years ago, there was a knife building demonstration at Ponca City where some knife builders brought their forges and anvils.
I asked a group of them why the cut logs. They said it reduced the "ring" by dampening the vibrations. I can buy that. Mine on the metal stand will ring for awhile when using it.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice mount. I see most of them mounted on cut logs and never understood why.
Back a couple of years ago, there was a knife building demonstration at Ponca City where some knife builders brought their forges and anvils.
I asked a group of them why the cut logs. They said it reduced the "ring" by dampening the vibrations. I can buy that. Mine on the metal stand will ring for awhile when using it.
That’s interesting. That’s actually a piece of bois d’arc trunk I cut here. It should last longer than me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s interesting. That’s actually a piece of bois d’arc trunk I cut here. It should last longer than me.
Definitely will last. We have fence posts around here from right after the dust bowl days when they put in the shelter belts of Bois D'arc. Farmers/ranchers used the branches for the posts. A lot of wood workers like to find those. The part in the ground makes some really interesting wood to use on the lathe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom