Catfishing...no, not fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd never heard that term before but, yeah, that's been going on since snail mail, Email just made it a whole lot easier. You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing in telling him and, hopefully, he's not going to do the denial thing and ignore you.

Is that what the show on TV is about? I've seen the title and read the description but it didn't sound like any cat fishing I'd ever heard of lol. I may have to watch it now although like almost every "reality" show these days its probably fake.

Whenever anyone starts that stuff with me I just say I'm old, fat and ugly which stops them in their tracks and, unfortunately, since its true I'm being totally honest lol.

I made the mistake ONCE of getting into something like that. He was honest about everything.....except about his marital status which I discovered when his wife contacted me. Needless to say I never talked to him again and I advised his wife to divorce him and take everything she could because her husband was a cheating, lying, slimy, scumbag, POS that would better serve as a eunuch.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, he got back to me, and he admitted that it seemed too good to be true, and that he was on the fence, but thanked me for looking out and is gonna play along with the "mystery" ...said if anything, it's fun and he might get a good laugh out of it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MTV has a show...
You lost me at MTV...

I've never heard the term "catfishing" applied outside of fishing, but this isn't exactly a new phenomenon:
[video=youtube_share;UE6iAjEv9dQ]http://youtu.be/UE6iAjEv9dQ[/video]
But good on ya for looking out for a buddy. Usually buddies are the ones walking you into situations like this...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man this thread opened my eyes to what Perverted sicko's are out here. And my daughter has been knowing about this for years.

I never dreamed it could be this wacked.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell ya what, I have found that trying to date isnt what it use to be especially if you look on the internet. I've met a few that know how to do some photo trickery, one who claimed to be a record label executive (Not), one who was into Voodoo. I had to take a break.

Travis73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ex-wife's FB pic is of herself. 25 years ago! lol! But a pic of her now, after 15 years of drug addiction, (reason she's my EX), is quite a bit rougher. Nobody wants to see that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom