CCW Belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I live in jeans, I got a couple of 511 belts that are 1 3/4". They work great for a big boy and were very reasonably priced.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear a Wilderness Instructor with the C.S.M. insert in 1.75" width.

I also have a Looper that I wear occassionally.

The reason I went with the Wilderness is to eliminate holster creak. Leather on leather will creak like a saddle. The nylon of the Wilderness belt against the leather slots of the holster eliminates this. :thumb:

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear a Wilderness Instructor with the C.S.M. insert in 1.75" width.

I also have a Looper that I wear occassionally.

The reason I went with the Wilderness is to eliminate holster creak. Leather on leather will creak like a saddle. The nylon of the Wilderness belt against the leather slots of the holster eliminates this. :thumb:

I have the 1.5 wilderness c.s.m. and I love it!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The regular belt is a 3 stitch. It has a line of stitching along both edges and one more down the middle. I consider this a decent trouser belt, but too pliable to hold a holstered handgun and accessories.

The next one up is the 5 stitch. This one is what most guys go with. I've heard several confirmations of it being perfect for CCW, just stiff enough to support the weight of a holstered weapon but yet pliable enough not to cut into you while sitting.

Then there is the C.S.M. Which stands for Combat Shooter's Model. This is the one I wear. It has a strip of kydex running the entire length of the belt, except for where it feeds thru the buckle and secures with the velcro.

I've owned mine for a little over 2 years. It is my DAILY duty belt. I don't wear a duty rig resembling a Batman utility belt like most cops. My job location allows me to dress down a little. My Wilderness Instructor's belt is 1.75" in width and it holds a Glock 22 in a Galco "Combat Master" OWB holster as well as a spare mag and a Surefire G2 flashlight in a Galco "MFP" (Mag/Flashlight/Paddle) carrier along with a pair of S&W handcuffs in a Galco cuff pouch.

In two years of DAILY wear, it is still straight as an arrow and doesn't sag whatsoever. I like it so much, that I just ordered one in coyote tan for my new off duty rig - a Smith & Wesson model 36 in a tan Galco "Speed Master" OWB holster along with a Bianchi speed strip in a Galco "2x2x2" ammo carrier. One of the 5 stitch models would have probably been sufficient, but for the utmost support of your weapon, the C.S.M. design is just that good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom