CCW licensing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavyweight_4u

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have taken my class and preparing to get to the TCSO office. I heard you now have to go thru your local PD before you go to sherrifs office. (for tulsa county any way) Does the police department charge anything or is it just a local check up? ??? Thanks

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a no charge check,but you need to have the form. You can download the form from the OSBI web site.
Get this filled out w/ the local police before you go to the Sherrifs office,it will save you a second trip back to the Sherrifs office.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this? Hard to fathom why they'd be adding to state requirements.

... ... ...
This all goes back to Kathy Taylor. When she was in office she got into a big dispute with the sheriff over the jail. She felt she did not have to pay for prisoners. Stanley however felt otherwise. She then blocked their access to the City's computer system that we call TRACIS. The county said alright and went out and got their own system. The city then gave the county a one time dump of information to assist them with getting started. So now the county has no way of knowing what warrants the TPD has without making an official request from the City.

She has gone along way to disband the trust between the city and county. Now Dewey steps and and wants to rebuild that relationship with the metro PD talks.

Rumors have surfaced that this was one of the reason that Chief Palmer was replaced with a representitve from the county as Police Chief.

This was another wrong step taken by the Mayor's office for public safety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom