CCW MacGyver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I was over xd talk, talking about the gear that comes with xds and how hardly anybody uses the included paddle holster. I had a great idea for mine which I shared and so I figured I'd share it here too. It has probably been done a lot but I turned it into an inside the console carry. :D You could probably use a fobus type holster for any gun and do the same... I attached it to the inner wall of my center console in my car using a small strip of an old belt and just put 4 screws through the belt and into the console. It's snug, upright, the spacing is perfect for draw, and the console closes as normal with room for other goodies. SHTF I'd open the console and draw. It's pretty slick actually! If you have a big console you could probably get the mag pouch in there too.

[Broken External Image]

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing with my carry gun. I took a 10" piece of thin (1/4") wood and ripped it down to be able to slip thru the belt loops on a OWB holster I have. I put the holster on it, and screwed the wood to the inside of my Tundra's center console. Works perfect for places that I can't carry. I just take it off and put it in the console, close the top,.. come back and put it back on.

That's about the only thing those XD holsters are good for.

Nice setup. You like the XDs??

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Macgyver didn't use guns. He hated guns. He was probably pro-gun control....

Agreed, Macgyver is a Hippie. It always irritated me that he'd K.O. a BG with a gun and then not pick up the weapon... idiot.

Macgruber on the other hand, that guy is sick with shooting stuff.

Sick is the right adjective to use.... Ping Pong Ball???

BTW I'm definitely going to find a way to use my XD gear holster like this, probably in the house but similar installation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom