CCW Printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have read my SDA lawbook cover to cover multiple times now and see nothing about printing or anything related to it. My question is why are there alot of people that worry about it? If i am wrong and there is a provision and i am just not seeing something here please point it out so that if it happens to be a laundry day and i get stuck wearing a semi tight shirt, i don't have to worry about johnny law busting my chops. Thanks

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you're looking for starts in the Definition section at the beginning of the SDA lawbook. Read the definition of "Concealed".

If the outline of your firearm is printing through your shirt, it is not "hidden from the detection and view of another person".

Something does not have to be seen to be detected.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the only people who are going to notice are other CCW holders. Most people don't notice because they are to busy to understand their surroundings. I find that most CCW holder are a lot more aware of what and who is going on around them.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA SELF-DEFENSE ACT
TITLE 21 § 1290.1. Short Title
SHORT TITLE
Sections 1 through 26 of this act shall be known and may be cited as the “Oklahoma Self-Defense Act”.
TITLE 21 § 1290.2. Definitions
DEFINITIONS
As used in Sections 1 through 26 of this act:
1. Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger; and
2. Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less that sixteen (16) inches and is able to be fully concealed from detection and view,
b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,
c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.

'Hidden from the detection and view of others' - so it is either hidden from detection and view of others or not. 'Printing' means NOT hidden from protection because someone says, 'Look at that, that guy is carrying a handgun on his side becasue I can see the grip outlined on his shirt".

It does not matter if the vast majority of people will not see and detect the printing, it only matters if one person or a LEO sees it and does something.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont see what all the fuss is about printing. If you can see an imprint in your shirt whos to say its not just a cell phone. I do agree with what was said above about no one even paying attention to it.

im more worried about my shirt riding up and exposing the grip.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree how the law reads. But I happen to believe that a group of my peers would rule in my favor that if you can tell I am carrying a firearm in my front pocket because of printing that they are going to be reasonable and find that I was trying to conceal my firearm and not find me guilty. Now if my shirt rode up while carrying IWB then I am not doing all that is necessary to conceal my weapon.

It would be like someone getting charged with public indecency because you can see their nipples through their shirt.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be like someone getting charged with public indecency because you can see their nipples through their shirt.

:pms2::pms2::pms2:

I figure if a person is going to go to the trouble to get a "Concealed" carry permit they should try and conceal it. There's plenty of products on the market to make this happen easily. The law is what the law is. If printing is a concern with your clothing then find a good concealment device or get a smaller weapom or the obvious option change you clothing style. Conceal and spandex do not mix.:D

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree how the law reads. But I happen to believe that a group of my peers would rule in my favor that if you can tell I am carrying a firearm in my front pocket because of printing that they are going to be reasonable and find that I was trying to conceal my firearm and not find me guilty. Now if my shirt rode up while carrying IWB then I am not doing all that is necessary to conceal my weapon.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom