CCW Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new to CCW and have a question about where I can carry. There is a public park in Norman my son uses for soccor practice. The only way to get into this park is to cross school property. I have been to chicken to carry at this park because of this. Just thought I would see if anyone has an opinion on this.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im not a lawyer so take it for whats its worth.

if it were me and the park was not on school property, and school was not in session i would just carry on.

just dont have your gun hanging out of your shirt and if you happen to get into a SD situation make sure its not on school property.

at first when you start carrying you worry about people noticing it, but the truth is you can have it in the open and the sheep will not even pay attention.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked my CCW instructor about the situation of summer softball games on school property when school was out for summer, and he said it is still school property, so technically your not supposed to. I think it's silly, but laws are laws.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can do it. I just got out of my ccw class with Carry Legal two hours ago. I say you can do it because, if you are carrying a gun in your vehicle or on your person and don't leave your car you can go and drop your kid off at school and then leave. As long as you go, drop the kid off, and leave promptly without ever leaving your vehicle, you have been legal. Least that's how they explained it because this specific question was asked.

If all you have to do is drive across a school parking lot to get to the park, I see no difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom