Conceal carry legality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. Metal detectors? Pat downs? Idk. It’s just another illegal law that penalizes the law abiding rather than bring the hammer down on the law breaking.
If they go metal detectors, it's all over. I went to a Cleveland Cavs game in Cleveland once when I had a pocket knife. They busted me, so I went outside and buried it in a flower pot, went back inside and watched the game which was kind of unimpressive, but the vendor buying the tickets paid for a meal and drinks which was the high point.
They never wanded the boot, so probably could have done that and had it inside.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because of this 'law' it is pretty much impossible to drive on surface streets through a city with one's carry gun and not pass through a 'school zone' (may even be hard to do on a highway as well). If your carry permit is from out of state or if you don't have a permit due to 'permitless carry' laws, it is legally questionable whether one is in violation or not if you pass through a 'zone.' This law has got to be unconstitutional in light of the Bruen decision...

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And driving onto a Post Office drive through to put a letter in the drop box at 3AM with an unloaded firearm locked in your trunk is illegal by federal law Yep, lot's of "gotchas" out there if someone knows and wants to press it.
Illegal with a pocket knife as well (not sure if there's a blade length spec.).

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I dont understand is how they clearly go against the second amendment all the time with these *except fors!

I read a article a few years ago and the author said there is no asterects (*) and a "key" below loaded with "except fors" in the second amendment.

So now I always look at it as every gca, and every gun free zone as unconstitutional! ☹️

Any "except for" is a infringement!
I agree

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking some of you guys are off regarding driving through school zones. These two websites, and there are plenty of others state what I was taught. As long as the gun is stored legally and not in plain sight if parked it’s perfectly legal to have a gun in your car while on school property. If ya’ll can show me somewhere where it states otherwise I’m “all eyes”.
https://www.uslawshield.com/escalation-school-zone-oklahoma/https://giffords.org/lawcenter/stat...2023,teachers, subject to certain exceptions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom