CCW & Surrendering your weapon.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big difference between granting a search of my house and handing over pistol on the side of the road...Massive leap of logic there.

Painting yourself as some sort of Constitutional warrior and the rest of us as sheep is what I'm getting at (And I call B.S. your story).

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe him to be the one that was cautioning/advising/etc against carrying auto-knifes because of the statutes prohibiting it on almost any post that came up on the entire site, like he had a notification setup. So very sheeple of him to bow down to the mans laws on one hand regarding switchblades and how very crusader-ish of him for standing up for his statute-granted "rights" on the other by refusing to surrender his weapon during a stop. Good thing your sheep-half and sheepdog-half will no longer have cause to conflict when your knife "rights" are restored tomorrow. Poser.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To SMS, I have taught numerous CLE search & seizure seminars for the Oklahoma Bar Association as well as the Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. I have also taught narcotics officers at their annual A1Narcotics Officers Convention. Can you say the same. Regarding my contact with the officer, call it what you wish. I tried to end this back and forth but you choose to continue. I decline to waste anymore time on you.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe him to be the one that was cautioning/advising/etc against carrying auto-knifes because of the statutes prohibiting it on almost any post that came up on the entire site, like he had a notification setup. So very sheeple of him to bow down to the mans laws on one hand regarding switchblades and how very crusader-ish of him for standing up for his statute-granted "rights" on the other by refusing to surrender his weapon during a stop. Good thing your sheep-half and sheepdog-half will no longer have cause to conflict when your knife "rights" are restored tomorrow. Poser.
I cautioned against ordering autos online because of the 1958 federal switchblade act. Get your facts straight.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you've taught is irrelevant. Being a run of the mill lawyer doesn't impress anyone in regards to the discussion. I can open a phone book and find legions of you.

Do you have a concealed carry permit? The Constitution says you don't need one...even though state law requires it. Do you carry under the authority of the Constitution and get all lawyery and tough with any cop who asks for your permit? Do you fulfill your "duty to inform" and willingly provide information to an LEO that you would not be otherwise required to in other situations? That could be construed as a violation of a host of Constitutional rights.

If you have a permit and you inform then you just have a different level of comfort when it comes to putting up with violation of your rights, so layoff the "I'm a ram and you are sheep" b.s.

I get the point that Oklahoma statute may seem to indicate cops have no authority to disarm, but surely as a man of the law you know about the existing case law, including Supreme Court cases, and precedence that seems to allow for the override of that, temporarily, for officer safety.

My entire point is that I, me, would not fight that battle on the roadside incident to my violation of traffic law. If I felt inclined, I would address it after the fact where cooler heads have a better chance of prevailing.

Last edited:

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When he took it, he said "I'm going to remove the weapon from the holster and place it in the floor of your vechicle for my safety, ok?" Now I guess technically he posed that like a question, and I gave him the go ahead to do that. Afterwards he gave me a verbal warning and then offered to buy my Milt Sparks VM2 holster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom