Celiac Disease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister and cousin have it. They have dealt with it by cooking everything they eat using gluten free products. Most of it is quite tasty albeit a bit different. My sister never eats out due to even the gluten free menu items many times having cross contamenation.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The liquor store I patronize sells gluten free beer and wine!
I went to uncle bucks last night in Grapevine and I asked them for no cruton's on my salad because I couldn't eat gluten. After me saying that he said we have a gluten free beer if you want one. But I don't drink so I said no thanks. But I thought to myself, what would beer taste like without wheat?

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has not been diagnosed yet... But we think that is what is going on. She has been sick for over a year.

This s**t has to stop.

Same symptoms that you speak of. headaches for weeks, multiple joint pain constantly. Shes always pushing on her side (near appendix)

She hurts 24/7, the have tried almost everything. EXCEPT testing her for celiac disease.

Thank you for this post.

You could always try a glutean free diet for a bit and see if it changes things. The fresh market on memorial has a small glutean free selection, and the newer farmer's market on 71st near sam's has a large selection of glutean free items. Fair warning, they are more expensive.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on sunflower farmers market. That place has quite a bit of stuff. But you are correct. It costs an arm and a leg for gluten free. My wife actually made me gluten free bannana pudding with gluten free wafers. It was great. Also betty crocker has gf brownies. And bisquik has gluten free pancakes.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just looking at gluten free options on Qdoba's site earlier. No particular reason other than curiosity.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been gluten free for about 3 months now. It has made a huge difference in my life. It is getting much easier to find gluten free menus at restaurants now. Some places even post their gf menus online. The biggest adjustment for me was hamburgers. The first gf hamburger buns I tried tasted like cardboard. I have since found Udis gf buns and they are pretty good. I think braums carries them now. Some Walmarts will have a small selection of gf products. The Shawnee and Cushing walmarts had a decent selection but the Stillwater Walmart doesn't. Just have to look around.

Restaurants: just ask them for a gluten free menu. Most already have one but some will just bring you an allegen list. You will be surprised at what is available. Some places that I have had good luck with: Applebee's, longhorn steakhouse, hideaway pizza, chilis, teds, Olive Garden

Reddog: if you suspect your wife has it, have her go gf and see if it makes a difference. For me, it took about a week before I noticed a change. If that doesn't help, go see a gastro doc. It could be something else.

Tony: celiac isn't the end of the world. It gets much easier to deal with he longer you deal with it.

@toehanus

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reddog: if you suspect your wife has it, have her go gf and see if it makes a difference. For me, it took about a week before I noticed a change. If that doesn't help, go see a gastro doc. It could be something else.

My Mom was doing the same thing. I kept telling her to tell her Dr. She finally went, Dr. found tumor and colon cancer. Luckily, found it time. Surgery and chemo, but 9 yrs free. Don't wait, check it out.

Wife and grandson have problems with wheat and corn. It is difficult, have to be diligent, but it is not impossible. Definitely beats the alternative.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has not been diagnosed yet... But we think that is what is going on. She has been sick for over a year.

This s**t has to stop.

Same symptoms that you speak of. headaches for weeks, multiple joint pain constantly. Shes always pushing on her side (near appendix)

She hurts 24/7, the have tried almost everything. EXCEPT testing her for celiac disease.

Thank you for this post.

Celiac is just another symptom of the greater societal problems. We are allowing ourselves to be culled.

the xeno-estrogens everywhere, the GMO foods, the fluoridated water, cancer viruses in the vaccines, etc are all part of the New World Order technocrats' global eugenics dehumanization and ultimate extermination plan...you are a victim of weaponized food and personal care products.

People did not get celiac, autism, fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, low-T in their 20's or 30's, thyroid disease, breast/ovarian cancers, diabetes, etc back before 1950...I mean they did, but not even close to as much as today...now childhood cancers and diabetes are just ACCEPTED by a highly-distracted and unsophisticated society in 2013...it is sad, but it is darwinism I guess...we will be our own demise except for those who KNOW what is going on...and those are the globalists...the leaders of all the major world powers have their own private, non-GMO organic food supplies, yet they tell us to freely consume their poisons...aspartame, food coloring, MSG, HFCS, etc...and we do it...WAKE UP

I have heard it said that trying to "find a cure for cancer" would be the same as trying to find a cure to arsenic rather than asking WHY or WHO allowed the arsenic into the food supply...they try to supposedly cure things yet they don't look at the root causes...it is madness.

Reddog I hope she gets better...keep in mind we were not meant to eat grains to begin with...look at the Primal Blueprint and read Mark's Daily Apple and Natural News.com regularly and you will awaken. You are already half way there with your Libertarian rhetoric on this board, but you have to abandon the idea that "eating organic" is for Liberals.

I currently do the "do the best you can" approach only because the alternative is doing nothing at all..but it should not be this way, it should not be so expensive and hard to eat/use clean foods & products....we are being "soft-killed" with chemicals, GMO, xeno-estrogens, vaccines, etc..."THEY" need a way to depopulate the planet and there are plenty of uninformed masses willing to accept their products with no questions asked, and plenty of "experts" willing to arrogantly shut down any debate to the contrary.

What I want to know, is will there be Nuremberg trials for those conspirators against humanity if/when we ever turn this thing around??? It all needs to come out in public court so the ignorant deniers can see the error of their ways for laughing at us when half this stuff is on record if they'd just take the time to investigate it instead of mindlessly following the NWO's plan.

The organic market is thriving now compared to 10yrs go...I think folks are slowly learning but I am still pessimistic. These people who push this stuff on us and create victims like your wife are totalitarian control freaks...unfortunately there are also a lot of typical "red meat conservatives" that drink the big-pharma/big-farma GMO, drug koolaid and WANT to consume this crap in the name of freedom LOL...there is a problem on both sides and it only seems to the be nutritionally aware Libertarians that bother to question fluoride in children's water and things like why so many people are sick like your wife. Also, you can no longer get all the nutrition your body needs just from food...the nutritional minerals are greatly depleted from farm soils now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom