Change of bait pays off a little

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kill em. Not that I like killing a baby animal like that, it is kinda hard to pull the trigger. But then all I have to do is look at the damage in the pasture and it makes the killing a little easier. Yeah I sometimes sell the bigger ones when I get a load, anything under 75lbs ain't worth messin with. They get a blindfold and a cigarette.

You probably are already abiding by this, but for those who aren't, FYI: H.B. 1914 requires a transport permit from Department of Ag to transport Feral Swine. Section 11 (C) makes it a Felony.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You probably are already abiding by this, but for those who aren't, FYI: H.B. 1914 requires a transport permit from Department of Ag to transport Feral Swine. Section 11 (C) makes it a Felony.

For everybody's clarification, is that transporting within the state, or transporting out of the state?

I'm relatively sure transporting out of state or into the state is a felony. I'm wondering about the transportation from the trapping area to home to raise?
I tried to google it, but came up with no pertinant information.

Talked to a guy that took one home to raise. He fed it out for awhile, and said it wasn't worth the feed. They gained weight, and some meat, but put on a lot of fat. His advice was to get a Duroc, and so the same thing if you want some pork worth the money.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For everybody's clarification, is that transporting within the state, or transporting out of the state?

I'm relatively sure transporting out of state or into the state is a felony. I'm wondering about the transportation from the trapping area to home to raise?
I tried to google it, but came up with no pertinant information.

Talked to a guy that took one home to raise. He fed it out for awhile, and said it wasn't worth the feed. They gained weight, and some meat, but put on a lot of fat. His advice was to get a Duroc, and so the same thing if you want some pork worth the money.

To import: Section 8: Must have written entry Permit and Certificate of Vet inspection.

Section 9 (b): All persons that transport live feral swine in this state shall be required to obtain a transporter license from Ok dept of ag.

This is from HB 1914 Signed by Governor Brad Henry on April, 9 2007.

So to clarify transporting within the state requires a license.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But of course :) We sell to a licensed handler here in town. He's got a little single axle getter and comes to us. Doesn't pay a lot, but it at least pays for the feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom