Charleston Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is saying the problem with mass shootings is that the press is giving them notoriety, and that's what they crave to do these shootings.

According to Dr. Dietz, "Hinkley shot Regan because he wanted on the cover of time magazine."

From that time on, these crimes create copy cats by people wanting notoriety, fame and attention.

Rewarding that action is bad and encourages that type of behavior".

For the press to know this and still press forward with heaping notoriety, bordering on adulation, upon these "peoples'" heads is sick and evil, indeed sociopathic, and completely in character.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all know how news reports can change. Now I'm hearing on TV that the mother had the gun?

LOL. This just goes to further prove that you can't legislate a prohibition of guns. Just like a prohibition of drugs or anything.

I'm not saying we need to be some "European Utopia," but do legislators really thing that the laws there is what reduced gun violence? The culture and lifestyle is what has reduced gun violence; this isn't in support or opposition of European culture and politics but just an observation. The laws themselves do very little. The apathy and submission of the populations is what has reduced firearms possession. It's our culture here that has perpetuated it. It's that whole freedom versus safety dilemma that is often quipped.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
See you guys are all missing the point.

The point is simple: whats going to be hoarded due to fear to being banned and how do I get my hands on some before it's all gone?

This is how neckbeards are born!

and yes, this post is full of sarcasm

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder why they really want to ban guns... I mean, tobacco kills how many people every year in the US alone?

LOL @ them just wanting to keep us safer. Complete and utter BS... On another note, the media using the actions of a crazed lunatic as an example of racism in this country seems awfully suspicious and desperate.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was tough watching the bail hearing. Sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters of the victims were allowed to speak. They did so with compassion and respect, forgiving Dylan Roof for what he did and asking for him to reflect on his actions and the pain he has caused and expressing a determination to not allowing hate to win. I applaud and admire them...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was tough watching the bail hearing. Sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters of the victims were allowed to speak. They did so with compassion and respect, forgiving Dylan Roof for what he did and asking for him to reflect on his actions and the pain he has caused and expressing a determination to not allowing hate to win. I applaud and admire them...

I respect them for that but, in my opinion, in a case like this Justice (writ large) cannot be swayed by those expressions of personal generosity. An attack like this fellow launched was a calculated attempt to damage not just a single person rather it was aimed at society and society needs to demonstrate that there is a price for that. I am not a bloody-minded person but I do believe that justice needs to be swift, fair, and very decisive in this case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom