Cheap 7.62x54R reloads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to reload some 7.62x54R for use at the indoor range. I rarely get to a real rifle range, but I go to H&H all of the time. Sometimes I want to shoot one of my Mosin Nagant's and don't really feel like spending $.75-$1.00 per round just to do some plinking. Of course I can't use most surplus as it is steel core/jacket.

What I really need is some surplus Yugo 7.62x45R, but that appears to have completely dried up.

So I am looking for a cheap, budget, low cost, bargain recipe for reloading 7.62x54R. I would like to keep costs down to under $.25 per round not including brass. Accuracy is obviously not a prime factor. Since I will be shooting at H&H the maximum distances will be 30yds.

Any thoughts?

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cast lead for mine and have a blast shooting it :)

i63.photobucket.com_albums_h130_ziggytrucker_1319509405.jpg

Last edited:

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am not prepared to cast at this time, but I will definitely consider it.

MoBoost, can you recommend a place to pick up the vmax cheap? I was finding prices in the .25-.30 range. Not a bad price, but still above my price point. I could get by cheaper pulling the bullets from my 7.63x39 Yugo stash.

So who wants to sell me some cast bullets? Anyone selling some suitable molds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom