• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Cheap AR9 BCG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
All --- I'm having some issues with a Bushy Carbon 15 9mm and can't figure out if maybe it's the buffer weight or the BCG. If anyone has a cheap 9mm BCG that they want to part with or let me borrow to test that's be super. FWIW my definition of cheap is based on the BCA ones for around 80 right now.

Cheers!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What buffer and spring are you using? And did you remember to put in the spacer if you are using the standard buffer and spring? And what problems are you having? Might want to talk it out before you part with money that might or might not solve the issue. Shotgunning parts is never a good strategy for troubleshooting.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
It's the OEM spring and buffer (I was surprised to find out they used the Endine hydraulic ones OEM). Main issue is failing to eject correctly. I figure it's either buffer weight, or the extractor system. If someone did have a BCG for a reasonable price, I figure I could test the extraction setup, and if that wasn't it I just hang onto it for a new build.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
FWIW I do not currently have a 9m BCG to sale or lend.

Did it properly function for a period of time, then start giving issues or has it always given issue. How consistent is the problem? Does it happen with different types of Ammo, are you using steel cased ammo? How often are you cleaning it? If you cycle the bolt with your charging handle does it properly eject and feed next round?

I ask all this to better understand the problem and hopefully save you time and money. Often, AR9 problems lie in the buffer system as a heavy buffer is needed to slow the bolt speed. In the past I had a failure to feed and failure to eject. I started with a 9mm heavy buffer and it solved the problem immediately and it ran like a champ. That being said, the issue started at bullet 1, and was fixed by bullet 30. So if it ran great for a good amount of time, then started giving issues, it may not be the buffer system. However, if you were using a different ammo it might have been light/heavy enough to cycle normally masking the issue until you changed ammo. If you’re running steel case ammo it might just be clogging up your extractor, a deep clean could solve your problem.

You wouldn’t necessarily need to replace the whole BCG, possibility just the extractor if it is the issue. That’s like a $15 fix. I wouldn’t recommend trying to replace a cheap BCG with another cheap BCG though as you could just be recycling your problem down the line.

Hope you figure it out, Cheers!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is this a dedicated bushmaster 9mm build or converted with a 9mm bcg, 9mm barrel and magwell adapter? If converted it will need a heavier 9mm buffer than the stock ar15 buffer or the bcg will fly back way to fast and too far to give the shell time to eject. Especially if you did not at least put some quarters in the buffer tube to stop the buffer from travelling so far back.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Did it properly function for a period of time, then start giving issues or has it always given issue. How consistent is the problem? Does it happen with different types of Ammo, are you using steel cased ammo? How often are you cleaning it? If you cycle the bolt with your charging handle does it properly eject and feed next round?

It's always done this since I owned it and the problem is relatively consistent. I'm not the first owner --- picked it up in a private sale at Wanenmacher last year. I've tried a few brands of ammo, both steel and brass. Brass does tend to run "better" but not perfect. The only thing I haven't tried is anything other than 115gr. It's been fully stripped and cleaned after each range visit down to cleaning the bolt each time as far as removing the extractor.

Is this a dedicated bushmaster 9mm build or converted with a 9mm bcg, 9mm barrel and magwell adapter? If converted it will need a heavier 9mm buffer than the stock ar15 buffer or the bcg will fly back way to fast and too far to give the shell time to eject. Especially if you did not at least put some quarters in the buffer tube to stop the buffer from travelling so far back.

This is (I'm seeming to learn more and more) a bit of a Unicorn. It's a factory built Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm carbine. I guess even amongst the Carbon 15 9mm's the pistol version was most common. At the moment I haven't yet tried swapping a different buffer in there from the Endine hydraulic one that comes in it standard. I really thought that all the extractor gunk I found in deep cleanings might have been the issue, so it was after the last range trip I finally broke down and weighted the buffer and all the ones in my other rifles to even put that test on the table.

I agree. ^^^^^

where are you located? If your not to far away I could loan you mine just to see. I also have a heavy buffer and I believe a extra power buffer spring that you could test out.. Hell I even have the place behind my house to do it.

I'm basically dead center of Tulsa --- if you had one that I could even just test that would be absolutely fantastic, just let me know what kind of beer I could bring as an offering!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Rifle PIcture -
00drzGx.jpg

Buffer:
Fsb1akT.jpg

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Try bending the ejector a slight bit towards the ejection port. It should be just about rubbing the side of the bolt.
That's the most common fix for extraction issues for 9mm AR's.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Im in Drumright if you want to make the drive?? It would save you from buying another one. The bolt is a psa, And I believe the buffer is a spikes

Oh and no beer needed

Reactions: O4L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom