Cheapest Groceries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aldi and Buy 4 Less will have great prices on produce, but sometimes lack on quality. Crest isn't much more. We usually buy from Farmer's Markets as much as possible, but that's really only consistent during the summer months. Since then, we've been buying ours at Sunflower Market, which is where we've been getting our meat, too.

As far as canned goods, we buy at Crest and Homeland. Crest will have the better prices just right off the shelf, so we buy there for any canned goods we don't have coupons for. With coupons, we take those to Homeland.

As far as Crest vs Wal Mart, for what we buy, some items will be more, some will be less, but the total is usually about the same. We haven't shopped for groceries at Wal Mart in over a year, so I'm not sure how valid that statement stands today.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We started saving ton of money every month by using the Reasors sale ads, then buying what else we needed at Walmart. We only buy what is on sale at Reasors, and pick up house items like paper towels, toothpaste etc from Walmart. With 3 growing boys, two of which are teenagers, its hard to keep food in the house.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been big into coupons for a long time. Some stores have better prices on some items then others. No one store has the best price on everything. My wife has the coupons down to an art. She cuts the bill in 1/2 or better almost every trip.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found Buy For Less to be cheaper for my regular grocery items than Wal*Mart. Crest has great weekly specials, but their normal prices aren't all that special.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been big into coupons for a long time. Some stores have better prices on some items then others. No one store has the best price on everything. My wife has the coupons down to an art. She cuts the bill in 1/2 or better almost every trip.

This ... and I shop the sales ... It isn't on sale I don't buy it ... most items cycle on a 8-12 week period ... And like Blinocac I tend to find the best prices at Buy4Less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom