Check out counter at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i haven't had a good experience at h&h since Patti left

LOL ... You know, nearly every time I'm in there, even after all this time, some customer will come up to me and tell me they wish I was still running the range. Makes me feel good knowing that most of the customers (even if they weren't OSA guys :wink2:) there appreciated me.

You guys see an old man fumbling around, not doing his job up to your expectations, maybe not the fastest guy in the biz...but I see a father, grandfather, wisdom, maybe a vet who served this country, probably someone that has experienced more life and pain than you have.
Sorry, but 20 minutes of my time in not worth slamming someone like that.

This.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last couple of years their customer service flat out sucks! There no reason to beat around the bush or sugar coat it. They've lost out on several thousand dollars worth of purchases from me because of it. In fact I don't I've ever walked out the place happy.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the one you are talking about, I usually try and avoid him! Poor guy does need to hang it up or find something easier to do. I usually have a guy named Steve help me and get in and out very quick. I purchased a holster and then exchanged for a different one Saturday. On both visits it took longer to walk in from the end of the parking lot than anything inside the store.
Steve is the man, and I always look for him when I need something

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for life experience and sweet grandpas, but they are trying to run a business. Putting someone who is terribly slow behind a register is maddening for everyone in line. Take the life experience to the sales floor.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to avoid the place at all costs but when i do go in there i hunt out the old man and have him help me. Hes the only one in there that doesnt give me the typical i work in a gun store so im better then anyone else on this planet attitude. IF he wasnt there i honestly wouldnt even go into that place id just go without until i could get it someplace else.
I love guns but i hate gun stores. Way too many assholes work in them.

mbfree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure who you are talking about but my grandfather works up there, and he is one of the most knowledgeable awesome dudes ever. I think you need to quit your whining and possibly walk around to find someone else to help out! I hear more bitching on this forum than anything. Come on people chill out and enjoy life!!!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys see an old man fumbling around, not doing his job up to your expectations, maybe not the fastest guy in the biz...but I see a father, grandfather, wisdom, maybe a vet who served this country, probably someone that has experienced more life and pain than you have.
Sorry, but 20 minutes of my time in not worth slamming someone like that.

This is a little off topic, but I'll share my opinion. I was in a motorcycle wreck about a year and a half ago with a 78 year old lady that apparently had trouble with driving. She did not appear comfortable behind the wheel, and did not look for traffic. I wonder if I'd still have 100% use of my left arm had someone got her to "hang it up". It's not to say SHE doesn't have lots of good life experience as a person, mother, grandmother, etc etc, but there comes a time when a person is not capable of driving well, and that has permanently changed my life.

As in the above example, working retail takes a certain skill set, such as being able to work the computer, retrieve the right products and other functions in a way that is efficient for the customer. I think the original point is not at all to discredit their experiences, their wisdom, or anything else. But again, if I am a consumer and I have my choice of standing in a slow line when I have other stuff or not....well, I will choose "not."

There is a fine line in balancing respect for our elders and also accounting for correct execution of job functions in the modern world. Perhaps this does not reflect so much upon that particular gentleman, as it does to the rest of the team for not helping to cover, or watch for issues and help out along the way.

Not saying I have a right or wrong answer, just my opinions.

ConstantChange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's fine, but if he's having a hard time working the register, do the customers AND him a favor and put him in a position that benefits both parties. I bet if you asked him, he'd be more than happy to stop working the register.

Based on the comments in this thread (and several other sources), it sounds like H&H has a serious customer service issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom