Check out counter at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that has horrible check outs at H&H? It seems that every time I go to buy something, I get behind several individuals buying firearms, which takes a bit of time...but today, it wasn't because of the guy in front of me, it was the guy behind the register. ....I don't mean to talk mean about anyone,especially my elders, but honestly, this guy needs to retire...he's gotta be pushin 80....and was making mistakes on the purchase a guy was making....he seemed to have a hard time reading what was on the monitor, he was pushing the wrong buttons.....and of course, he was the only one up there...called 2 different people for help....after about 20 mins of standing there waiting....he finally finishes up with the guy and looks at me and asks..."you need something?"...I was like wtf, like I just wanted to stand there for 20 mins ..."yeah, I'm ready to check out" and hold up my item...he says, "it'll be just a few mins"...and starts messing with a bunch of papers....:pissed:I was about to toss the item on the counter and walk out....luckily someone saw my frustration and helped me......but I seem to go through this every time.....shame on me for going back time after time.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the one you are talking about, I usually try and avoid him! Poor guy does need to hang it up or find something easier to do. I usually have a guy named Steve help me and get in and out very quick. I purchased a holster and then exchanged for a different one Saturday. On both visits it took longer to walk in from the end of the parking lot than anything inside the store.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know who you guys are taking about too and he is one of the sweetest, kindest men to ever walk this planet. There were probably half a dozen young bucks standing around with their thumbs up their asses. Why not go find one of them instead of standing in line? If a line isn't moving in there (he's not the only slow poke there) I go find somebody else to check me out.

BTW, AirMech, your avatar is hawt!! LOL

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...

He's like that.

I went in once to buy a couple of 45 ACP mags. Asked for stainless, he brought back black. Were stainless available I asked. Yes he replied. Then would you go get me a couple of stainless please. Sure. He brought back black. I just went ahead and bought the black.

E'mailed Miles Hall about the incident. Got a reply to the effect that no one had complained about him before. Yeah. Riiiight.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The checkout counter is why we haven't been back. . .

When the FlashBang holsters first showed up, we went to get two of 'em. Two gentlemen behind the counter (at which there were no other customers), my wife and I standing there with several holsters on the counter and me holding my wallet/credit card. I finally said "can one of y'all take some money from me?"

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys see an old man fumbling around, not doing his job up to your expectations, maybe not the fastest guy in the biz...but I see a father, grandfather, wisdom, maybe a vet who served this country, probably someone that has experienced more life and pain than you have.
Sorry, but 20 minutes of my time in not worth slamming someone like that.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't the help desk that bothered me, but my friend and I were in there the other day, and I could not find a salesman to come hassle me about the firearms in the rack. I wanted to look at a few pistols, but no one could be found to unlock the case. The funny thing is, usually I would be asking people to leave me alone at a gun shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom