Universal Laws of Mowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today seems to be mower day. I just got finished after having to stop for a minor repair/adjustment to my mower. Easy fix but had to remove the mower deck and all that...2 min fix took about an hour.

I've also had issues this summer...first time in many years...with allergies, or dust sensitivity, or something. It got me thinking about mowing and I came up with my first Universal Law of Mowing:

#1. Regardless of wind direction, the harmonic vibrations of a running mower engine will cause constant changes in wind direction in order to place the maximum amount of airborne dust, grass and other debris in the path of the mower. Drier conditions exaggerate this effect.

Anybody have any to add?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a mulch kit. It doesn't help. Actually, I think it may make it worse because it doesn't forcefully eject the stuff. At least with regular discharge it blows the stuff away from the mower (and me) a bit. With the mulch kit I must look like that kid "Pigpen" from Charlie Brown with that little cloud following me around everywhere.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today seems to be mower day. I just got finished after having to stop for a minor repair/adjustment to my mower. Easy fix but had to remove the mower deck and all that...2 min fix took about an hour.

I've also had issues this summer...first time in many years...with allergies, or dust sensitivity, or something. It got me thinking about mowing and I came up with my first Universal Law of Mowing:

#1. Regardless of wind direction, the harmonic vibrations of a running mower engine will cause constant changes in wind direction in order to place the maximum amount of airborne dust, grass and other debris in the path of the mower. Drier conditions exaggerate this effect.

Anybody have any to add?

Any object lost in the fall shall not be found until the first mow.

Corollary: The more it will damage the mower, the harder it will be to see before running over it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going along with number one, It doesn't matter which direction or speed you are mowing, the dust and debris will fog you and seem as if you are standing still.

Latest posts

Top Bottom