Universal Laws of Mowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't blow your glass clippings into the road. It looks trashy and can kill someone on a motorcycle. :]
I'm not a motorcycle person, but how does grass clipping endanger a cycle on the road way? I can understand on curves or at intersections, but on straight stretches? I see folks on a local FB crying about this daily, "such and such is mowing and blowing it on the road." It always seems to be on a straight road too.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a motorcycle person, but how does grass clipping endanger a cycle on the road way? I can understand on curves or at intersections, but on straight stretches? I see folks on a local FB crying about this daily, "such and such is mowing and blowing it on the road." It always seems to be on a straight road too.
If it get wet and a cycle comes along and hits their brake for some reason its like trying to ride on ice, it will do the same to a car if it is thick enough

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The oil needs to be changed periodically and the engine should be warm before changing. So while it's warming, mow a little -a lot! The entire yard. Then plan on changing the oil. But when you're finished it's hot, you're tired and dirty. So plan on changing the oil next time! I gotta change that oil! LOL

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best thing I've found so far for mowing is to have an exacerbation of my congestive heart failure and while l was in the hospital my beautiful wife sold the zero turn mower, the John Deere garden tractor and the push mower.............wish she had done that years ago........

A lawn mower is like a flash lite ....... a storage container for dead batteries or a pump style oil can always empty or broken, a mower deck is an overly complex mechanical abortion to loose or break springs that are never in stock at the dealer and which are impossible to install easily, the blades are always dull, chipped or broken and the drive belt(s) are too damned expensive, always out of stock and on order from the supplier in the city of unobtainable and damn near impossible to reinstall.

And l not even going to address tires, electric clutches and main drive belts...........

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't get it, either. I've been riding since I was 11 and that was never a concern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom