Chiang kai shek type 24 surprise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
is that the one that came off the forum a couple weeks back for $125? if it is, then i'm kicking myself for not being faster on the trigger!

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cartouches I asked about and got this...

The middle of oval shape is Yan - proof/check/validated, sort of troop acceptance mark.
My best guess on the two characters on both side are Jin Wu - Shanxi (Province) Arm (Milita). It will be from early ChiCom era beause it is read from right to left.
As of the Roman characters, I think they're GI for the pronouced bottom stroke. A remote possibility is that it stands for Group Army One. Nationalist Army are known to use G, A, D etc to represent Group Army, Army, Division units but it usually denoted as 11D for the 11th Division for example.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cartouches I asked about and got this...

The middle of oval shape is Yan - proof/check/validated, sort of troop acceptance mark.
My best guess on the two characters on both side are Jin Wu - Shanxi (Province) Arm (Milita). It will be from early ChiCom era beause it is read from right to left.
As of the Roman characters, I think they're GI for the pronouced bottom stroke. A remote possibility is that it stands for Group Army One. Nationalist Army are known to use G, A, D etc to represent Group Army, Army, Division units but it usually denoted as 11D for the 11th Division for example.

Holy crap. I didn't expect anyone to be able to answer that so quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom