Chicks and Bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll admit it... I'm easily entertained. Especially when it comes to animals. We've had these chicks for 3 or 4 days now. I'm amazed at how fast they grow.

I'm also amazed by how aggressive they are, even at less than 10 days old. I mentioned in another thread how they were like piranhas when I tossed a mayfly into their box. Here it is on video. The little gal snatches up the bug and then runs around the box while many of the others try to grab it from her tiny beak. She finally gets to the back wall and swallows it:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Damned Aussies will eat anything. :puke:

263714-clint-e-eew.gif

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! Just wait until they get a little size on them.

Pro tip: Let the corgis hang out with them. Teach them they are not treats. My kittens and Dawg and the baby chicks all RUN towards each other when we go out in the back yard. It is HYSTERICAL to watch. They are all so happy to see each other! 🤣🤣 (Yep, simple minds ... 😉)

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raised on a farm so we had chickens and ducks. From time to time my mom would find a dead chick that was pecked to death.
Her take on it was that the mama chicken was culling the weak ones out.
My dad disagreed saying the other chicks culled their own.
I never saw either happen but believed one of my parents must be right🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom