Cholesterol is Normal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful if you are taking any Statins for cholesterol. Make sure you have liver enzymes checked with blood tests. Shortly after I started Pravistatin, my enzymes (bilirubin) jumped up. As soon as I dropped the statin, the enzymes returned to normal levels. My dad lived to be 89 with high cholesterol, my mom is 92, and has high cholesterol. You only have 1 liver.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful if you are taking any Statins for cholesterol. Make sure you have liver enzymes checked with blood tests. Shortly after I started Pravistatin, my enzymes (bilirubin) jumped up. As soon as I dropped the statin, the enzymes returned to normal levels. My dad lived to be 89 with high cholesterol, my mom is 92, and has high cholesterol. You only have 1 liver.

Any doctor worth a crap that puts you on statins will send you for yearly blood tests. I'm a heart patient so my Cardiologist tries to keep my cholesterol lower than a non heart patient. You only have 1 heart too.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you the last time I had a blood test result that showed a normal cholesterol level. All the bran flakes and fish oil is finally paying off! :woohoo1: Now if I can somehow stay away from all the street tacos and BBQ here in Austin...

Great news on the cholesteraol count. But I think you need to set up an appointment for some psyc therapy if you're going to try to avoid tacos and BBQ in Austin. You may need to move to Canada to avoid that stuff.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't quote my numbers if me life depended on it, but the Doc says mine looks great....the good stuff is high, and the bad stuff is low....or whatever.

I have never taken any intentional steps to alter the outcome of the tests obviously since all were (and continue to be) in the perfect range.

I don't know what it is but I can tell you that I *do* eat an abnormal amount of cereal...like several Jethro bowls a day.
So maybe it's the fibre within.
:anyone:

Oh yeah.....Oats....I have always eaten a considerable amount of oats.
That's the ticket!
:thumb:

BTW, it's coming up on oatmeal season and I'm suddenly having difficulty finding my favorite brand locally:
McCaan's 'steel cut' Irish Oatmeal

(we keep Quaker for recipies/fodder)

Reasor's doesn't appear to have it currently...they have two other types of McCaan's (instant or some B.S.) but not the real deal.

ALSO....
If anyone can locate the decorative McCaans oatmeal tin, let me know who's got 'em.....I've always wanted one.
Reasor's is prolly the best bet so y'all check with the store or your side of town and if you see 'em please let me know! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom