Choose my next 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1911 should I get next (that has a light rail)

• Para

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Springfield

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • Kimber

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Doublestar

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Taurus

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters

Rocketguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From your choices I voted for the Springfield Armory, Kimbers are good but part of the cost of one is paying for the name. Fired a Para was not happy with it. Never tried a Doublestar or Taurus. My Favorite though would have to be The Colt. I have 2 and I just love them.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've had 4 1911's. The first was a Norinco, the second was a Colt Combat Commander, the third was a RIA compact, and now I have a Kimber Compact CDP II. The first three don't even compare to the Kimber I have now. Or at least I couldn't shoot them NEAR as well! I love my gun now and will never get rid of this one. Just my 2 cents!

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first off i would ask you the question, which one would you like?

2nd, why that gun?

3rd , then get that one, you have to answer this question your self, onone can tell what you would do with any gun untill you try it. even the worn out gun with full confidence by user is hard to beat.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first off i would ask you the question, which one would you like?

2nd, why that gun?

3rd , then get that one, you have to answer this question your self, onone can tell what you would do with any gun untill you try it. even the worn out gun with full confidence by user is hard to beat.

a very good point but, i have already picked one of each that i like. the only one that i have not had a chance to shoot yet is the doublestar. i got to mess with it a little though. so really it's the fact that these people are choosing the brand. and in the end i'll do want i want anyway but i like getting opinions because a lot of times they tell me things i have not thought of.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Psssst....... pssssst...

http://www.coltsmfg.com/products-c5-q7-COLT_PISTOLS.aspx#

Less MIM than any of the guns mentioned except the Doublestar.

see that is just sexy but....... almost impossible to find....... gun world (which is a rip off place anyway) said that they couldn't get one for like 12 months.......and the kimber and springfield are in stock at H&H and also they don't make them in anything but stainless

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
see that is just sexy but....... almost impossible to find....... gun world (which is a rip off place anyway) said that they couldn't get one for like 12 months.......and the kimber and springfield are in stock at H&H and also they don't make them in anything but stainless

Impossible to find? They aren't out yet from what I've seen. It's sexy but you're knocking them because they only make them in stainless? :D

Just get a Kimber and call it a day. :rollingla

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Impossible to find? They aren't out yet from what I've seen. It's sexy but you're knocking them because they only make them in stainless? :D

Just get a Kimber and call it a day. :rollingla

no no no don't get me wrong i'm not knocking it for being stainless i would just prefer it not be...and i don't know if they are or not but they said 12 months to get one.....more than likely i'll get them both but for now i'll probably go SA or Kimber lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom