Christmas gift ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine always likes jewelry from James Avery. They have very cool charm bracelets. Start with that and add like 3 or 4 charms, then you forever more need only buy more charms for birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc.

Good 1st charms are those that represent kids or grandkids, hobby etc. my wife likes gardening and cooking...just go to the store and let one of the ladies pick you out a couple based on things your wife likes.

You can’t lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried that with mine and the Pandora Collection from Zales. She hasn't worn it once. I can't really understand it because she really liked the one a woman on a plane had. :censored:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine always likes jewelry from James Avery. They have very cool charm bracelets. Start with that and add like 3 or 4 charms, then you forever more need only buy more charms for birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc.

Good 1st charms are those that represent kids or grandkids, hobby etc. my wife likes gardening and cooking...just go to the store and let one of the ladies pick you out a couple based on things your wife likes.

You can’t lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that with mine and the Pandora Collection from Zales. She hasn't worn it once. I can't really understand it because she really liked the one a woman on a plane had. :censored:

A lot of that depends on whether the recipient really wants jewelry. My wife has a nice pair of diamond earrings, which had to be altered to put the diamonds in a different metal from gold. Gold was giving her problems after several years of wear. Don't remember what the metal was that she has now. Besides the earrings, she has a diamond "tennis bracelet" (whatever the heck that means), but she has absolutely no interest in any other jewelry.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has several nice pieces of jewelry I've picked up over the years, mostly with her birthstone (sapphire), but she has gone out of her way to let me know she doesn't need any more jewelry when holidays roll around. I think part of it is she doesn't want me spending a bunch, but part of it is she isn't fancy schmancy, doesn't wear a lot of jewelry, so when we go out to the theater or something, she has several items to choose from and just doesn't need more, doesn't dress up a whole lot.

One of these days, I'll get her a pair of Jimmy Choos or similar and that'll be the pinnacle

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Okiedog, my wife only wears her wedding ring and ear rings.

Our tradition is "The 12 Days of Christmas". We buy each other 12 gifts and starting on December 13th, we open one present every night. The last one we open is on Christmas Eve. Most of these gifts are small and inexpensive. One is always a new electric toothbrush, new perfume/cologne, OU shirt, Books, Wine, Manni/Pedi certificate, scratchers and so on.
The one thing that I do always include in her 12 days of Christmas gifts in at least one Mark Roberts Fairy. She collects these and decorates our tree with them. They are pretty expensive but she loves them. Hand made and numbered.

If we want something throughout the year, we buy it so there really isn't anything we need special during Christmas so the "12 Day of Christmas" works great and has been our tradition since we've been married.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here about something special during the year. If I'm outta town and see something, I just tell her how much because she watches our bank account with a microscope. I swear she should have been an IRS investigator

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well yeah, I should have caveated the thing about whether your wife likes jewelry or not, but I think everyone gets that anyway. Mine, somewhat to the chagrin of my wallet, does like jewelry. Perhaps it’s worth mentioning other things to avoid as gifts too then.

For example, I never ever buy clothing for her as a gift unless I absolutely know it’s a thing she wants and I am absolutely sure I know the correct size. The Good Lord be by your side should you buy her a nice sexy nightgown in a size two sizes too big or something. Women dress differently than us (well, except for a few of you fellas who like to play dress up in heels and stuff occasionally). It’s just best to avoid clothing IMO. A gift card is a little impersonal, but for me, that works a lot better than wasting money on what I think she’d like and being totally wrong.

Another category I also recommend staying away from is Household Cleaning Items. Vaccuums, a new sponge mop, etc are the Debbil. Should you go ahead with such a purchase, it might be a good idea to be certain you’ll be comfortable using it yourself. Alone. While she goes shopping.

Merry Christmas and good luck with getting it right.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking a Peloton...

Nothing says I love you like, hey here's a bike, not that you need it or anything.

Just kidding. There's some controversy over the idea of giving your spouse a Peloton. Personally, I think it's a great idea and has probably sold more Peloton's than other ad campaigns.

Peloton responds to backlash over holiday commercial, says it was 'misinterpreted'

Cycling fitness brand Peloton has responded to the backlash over its new holiday commercial, saying the company is "disappointed in how some have misinterpreted" the 30-second spot.

The ad, which shows a woman's yearlong fitness journey after her husband gives her one of its costly stationary bikes, was widely criticized on social media this week, including by some who said it sent a sexist message. The blowback was so fierce the company's stock price dropped by as much as 10%, Bloomberg reported.
Peloton responded in a statement to CNBC on Wednesday.

“We constantly hear from our members how their lives have been meaningfully and positively impacted after purchasing or being gifted a Peloton Bike or Tread, often in ways that surprise them,” a company spokesperson told CNBC in an email.

https://www.today.com/news/peloton-faces-backlash-ridicule-over-new-holiday-commercial-t169080

Latest posts

Top Bottom