Christmas gift ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife loves jewelry but doesn't particularly like surprises. She likes to pick it out herself. I think she has returned every piece of jewelry I've ever bought her and exchanged it. When we got engaged, I asked her, do you want to look at engagement rings, or do you want me to pick something and surprise you? I still remember her exact words....

"Don't. You. Dare."

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You think you got it bad?!?!? My wife's birthday is 12/27!!!! I don't even get a paycheck between the two haha . She is so hard to buy for and we always just kinda get what we want throughout the year etc but I always get her something. This year she gets some Ray bans and her car detailed for her birthday.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You think you got it bad?!?!? My wife's birthday is 12/27!!!! I don't even get a paycheck between the two haha . She is so hard to buy for and we always just kinda get what we want throughout the year etc but I always get her something. This year she gets some Ray bans and her car detailed for her birthday.

Our wedding anniversary is December 25. I always tell folks that I chose that day because then I could buy one gift and two cards...

...actually, though, that was the best time for us to be able to have all of the family together for the wedding.

Like many others, Christmas gifts aren't really a big thing with us. We both figure that we get enough stuff we want throughout the year that we certainly don't need "special" gifts at Christmas.

And for us, the reason for the season isn't about gifting to loved ones.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another category I also recommend staying away from is Household Cleaning Items. Vaccuums, a new sponge mop, etc are the Debbil. Should you go ahead with such a purchase, it might be a good idea to be certain you’ll be comfortable using it yourself. Alone. While she goes shopping.

This is exactly why I pointed out my wife ASKED for an ironing board. lol. I laffed my ass off. Other guys were HORRIFIED I was so stupid as to do that. One year it was a carpet shampooer, several times a vacuum, the ironing board, this year it's a countertop convection oven - of course, so she can COOK MAH MEALS!!!!! GET IN THAT KITCHEN, WOMAN!!!!

Just kidding, of course... my wife is very practical, and really doesn't want me spending a bunch on her, for us it is also about buying for others more. I was going to build a couple of new gaming computers for my parents, but we decided to get them a large flat screen instead - the one they are using now is a 55" Sanyo I bought them 10 years ago, the very first flat screen for anyone in our family. lol. So I think it's time to get them something newer, bigger, and nicer.

We got my son a refurb'd Google Pixel 2 phone, as he's managed to mostly take decent care of the old Samsung S5 we gave him two years ago - some of you might remember the debacle of him leaving it in Venice last fall and its subsequent return under the Christmas tree - absolute freaking hiLARity! Last Christmas was epic, because he got his bedroom door back at the same time - with a big ass bow on it, to boot! I am still trying to decide if I'm going to get him an Oculus Quest or not, as well, but if I do, that will be a surprise to everyone, my wife included.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly why I pointed out my wife ASKED for an ironing board. lol. I laffed my ass off. Other guys were HORRIFIED I was so stupid as to do that. One year it was a carpet shampooer, several times a vacuum, the ironing board, this year it's a countertop convection oven - of course, so she can COOK MAH MEALS!!!!! GET IN THAT KITCHEN, WOMAN!!!!

Just kidding, of course... my wife is very practical, and really doesn't want me spending a bunch on her, for us it is also about buying for others more. I was going to build a couple of new gaming computers for my parents, but we decided to get them a large flat screen instead - the one they are using now is a 55" Sanyo I bought them 10 years ago, the very first flat screen for anyone in our family. lol. So I think it's time to get them something newer, bigger, and nicer.

We got my son a refurb'd Google Pixel 2 phone, as he's managed to mostly take decent care of the old Samsung S5 we gave him two years ago - some of you might remember the debacle of him leaving it in Venice last fall and its subsequent return under the Christmas tree - absolute freaking hiLARity! Last Christmas was epic, because he got his bedroom door back at the same time - with a big ass bow on it, to boot! I am still trying to decide if I'm going to get him an Oculus Quest or not, as well, but if I do, that will be a surprise to everyone, my wife included.

My wife is practical too. That is why I am hoping to buy her that air fryer, oven thing. She had her gall bladder out last week so has to watch her fats.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a store that I've heard that women just LOVE gifts from. It's called Adam & Eve and there is one in Norman and OKC (and Lawton too for the hillbillies on here. :hey3:)

I'm sure you can find something there for the little lady to enjoy. Especially if you get her an unwanted household cleaning product.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a store that I've heard that women just LOVE gifts from. It's called Adam & Eve and there is one in Norman and OKC (and Lawton too for the hillbillies on here. :hey3:)

I'm sure you can find something there for the little lady to enjoy. Especially if you get her an unwanted household cleaning product.

I guess you made Santa nutty list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom