What's for Christmas dinner ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll play....but it's not "Christmas dinner" per se. Christmas Eve with the in-laws will be a Mexican fiesta. Tamales, enchiladas, posole, beans, rice, tortillas, hotter-than-Hades salsa and flan for dessert! I just LOVE the Mexican tradition there and while this is a sexist comment for Americans, the men aren't allowed in the kitchen and get served by the women. Their tradition not ours! First year I did what I was raised doing, take your plate into the kitchen to be washed. Got 1 step into the kitchen and was met by 2 matriarchs of the family explaining to just leave the plate on the table when finished but that I hadn't eaten enough yet so go sit back down. Brought me out another plate of tamales, etc....which I gladly ate and never attempted to cross that line ever again!

Christmas morning is eggs benedict with mimosas. Christmas "dinner" will be with relatives in Edmond so unsure what is being served.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife's oldest sister has invited us over for Christmas dinner. Probably will be turkey and mashed potatoes, and MAYBE some of her hand made noodles and gravy to pour over all the turkey and potatoes. Who knows what else? At our age, there aren't many of us left to get together as a family. Thanksgiving saw us (and our youngest son) hosting at his house with the oldest sister, her son, daughter-in-law and grandson joining us. Even with six people, we had a lot of leftovers.

But, in addition to it being Christmas, it is also my wife's and my wedding anniversary, making it 55 years of marriage.
Congrats

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife's oldest sister has invited us over for Christmas dinner. Probably will be turkey and mashed potatoes, and MAYBE some of her hand made noodles and gravy to pour over all the turkey and potatoes. Who knows what else? At our age, there aren't many of us left to get together as a family. Thanksgiving saw us (and our youngest son) hosting at his house with the oldest sister, her son, daughter-in-law and grandson joining us. Even with six people, we had a lot of leftovers.

But, in addition to it being Christmas, it is also my wife's and my wedding anniversary, making it 55 years of marriage.
Happy anniversary! Mother and I celebrated #43 on the 14th of December.

Latest posts

Top Bottom