Church carry and spouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you and your spouse have a difference of opinion when it comes to carrying in a Church? While I think there is nothing wrong with having my weapon concealed on me during service my wife thinks it is wrong. She seems to think it is ok to protect yourself while at home or anywhere else other than Church.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anywhere it's legal, is a great place to conceal carry. Especially church. I carry every Wednesday and Sunday.

My wife has ZERO problems with me carrying in church. In fact, she calls my Glock, my "Hand of Jesus". I'm not sure I understand your wife's "reasoning" as to why it's OK to carry everywhere except church. Seems she's making a purely emotional stance on that one.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only answer my wife gives me is because it is a Church. I have tried to get her to elaborate buy she has refused to answer. And anytime I try to get her to respond she gets angry.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry at church and I know others who do too. One carries a .45 in the small of his back under his suit jacket. I usually have a Ruger .380 LCP w/ Crimson Trace laser in my front pocket.. carried in a Uncle Mike's #3 holster.

A lot of people have been killed while at church. Thugs after the offering / tithe money, musical instruments and sound system / large speakers / amplifiers. The lady minister that was murdered here in Oklahoma just a few years ago ... is the most recent I remember right off hand. The most spectacular incident of a church shooter that I remember is John Hagee / Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, TX.

Excerpt from Glenn Beck web site-

There was a man who walked into my church during a Bible study. It was on a Wednesday night, and he came in. He was carrying a loaded six‑shooter [.38 Special], and he walked to the front of the church and he roared like a wild animal and said, ‘I’ve come to shoot you to prove that Satan has more power than Jesus Christ.’ And I held up my Bible and said that this book says that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. And he became infuriated and said, ‘I’m going to kill you on the count of three. Get on your knees and beg for your life.’ I said, I will not because the Lord is my protector. And he said, ‘I’m going to shoot you on the count of three.’ He lied. He started shooting on the count of two. And he emptied the gun at me from a distance of eight to ten feet, and by the grace and mercy of God missed every shot. He ran out of the building, he was knocked down, apprehended, sent a few days later to the asylum for the criminally insane. Ninety days later a team of psychiatrists pronounced him ready to take his place in society and he went home and immediately climbed the highest tree in his backyard and hung himself,” Hagee told Glenn.

I've read that when police recreated the bullet trajectories using string running from a mannequin holding the gun to the bullet holes in the walls [back before lasers were used]... 3 shots had passed to the pastor's left and 3 shots to his right... missing him by mere inches... and the guy had been less than 8-10 feet away when he shot.

As for your wife... you might gently remind her that Jesus' disciples carried swords with them. It is mentioned several times in the bible. Peter had one with him in the garden and cut off the ear of one of the people who had come to take Jesus to be crucified. So they would have had their weapons with them when they went to the temple on the Sabbath too.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everone in my family, my extended family and close friends I know thinks it is OK to take a gun to church... even those who don't have concealed carry permits themselves.... wives, sisters, grandmothers, aunts, cousins... all the women think it is OK. Better to have it and not ever need it than to need it and not have it. They feel if the church can't supply armed security then the parishioners need to be able to defend themselves if needed. Does that address your question more directly?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas____gunformywife.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom