Church carry and spouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand her point, I bet. I mentioned earlier that I have a mental block about carry up front as part of the praise & worship team (this refers to the musicians and singers up front in most Protestant churches). I'm otherwise fine carrying in church, but I've got this thing about being armed up front. It's not a worry about being made; I use a SmartCarry and I'm standing behind equipment. Maybe it has to do with standing directly under the cross when I'm playing. I don't know.

I'm fine sitting armed in the congregation. I do so at Wednesday and Sunday night services.

I freely admit this is not a completely rational thought. I suspect your wife feels the same way, and she's confused by it. On one hand, we're told to trust God for everything, but yet we know that God regularly uses people to accomplish His work and His will. Where then is the line? How are we supposed to know when to trust Him and when to do the work ourselves? The joke about the old man in the flood comes to mind, because there's Truth in in.

I'll probably work my way through my issue soon. Rationally, I know that no one place in a Protestant church building is any more holy than any other, but I think that's what's driving my thought process: that somehow being up on the platform leading others in worship is somehow more holy. Maybe that's what's causing your wife's issue: the holiness of the ground she's on. yes, Jesus talked of having swords, but it's never mentioned in the context of being in the temple. It's always when He was out walking around.

If you think it'll help, I'd be happy to talk to her. PM for emails. If your pastor is pro-carry (or their spouse is), you might have her talk to your pastor. Good luck with the process.

Bhop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my grandmother had a big problem when I carried to church until I reminded her god has a plan for everyone and maybe he planned on me being in his curch with a way to defend me and mine. once she thoight about it she totally changed her mind and now makes sure she sits right next to me in church

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a lot of women at our church who carry. My wife just took her conceal carry class with a handful of women from our church, all of whom will carry at church. We have a lot of men who carry here. It is outright encouraged, not from the pulpit, but there are many conversations each and every week in the halls. 2 out of 3 of our church staff carries while teaching/preaching (including myself). I know of at least 30+ people that are armed on any given Sunday.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The IDF carry in the HOLY LAND, Israel itself. I would have carried if it were allowed. There is no logical reason not to carry in church.

i1164.photobucket.com_albums_q569_infidel1960_Israel_202012_Israel_2283_1.jpg

(I'm the guy not in uniform. Old City, Jerusalem)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"...Christian reflection has sought a fuller and deeper understanding of what God's commandment prohibits and prescribes. There are in fact situations in which values proposed by God's Law seem to involve a genuine paradox. This happens for example in the case of legitimate defense, in which the right to protect one's own life and the duty not to harm someone else's life are difficult to reconcile in practice. Certainly, the intrinsic value of life and the duty to love oneself no less than others are the basis of a true right to self-defense."

"...legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for someone responsible for another's life, the common good of the family or of the State. Unfortunately, it happens that the need to render the aggressor incapable of causing harm sometimes involves taking his life. In this case, the fatal outcome is attributable to the aggressor whose actions brought it about, even though he may not be morally responsible because of a lack of the use of reason."

-Pope John Paul II

Latest posts

Top Bottom