Claremore Rec Center posted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I went to walk today at the Claremore Recreation Center I notice they have posted a "No weapons sign" on the door. It is
owned and run by the city so just thought anyone in the Claremore area might want to know.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the sign is new. I have been looking at door's of places I go more since the open carry law has passed. I will check Monday if I go to walk and try to take pic. The rec center is at 595 Veterans Parkway and the website which can be reached through http://www.claremorecity.com/. Their phone number is 918-341-4516.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you clarify what makes you think it would be against state law? I'm just curious.

Thanks

I admit that I made an assumption when I posted that. I assumed that it was not a building for "doing business with the public". [Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public]

If it is, then it's prohibited anyway. If it's not, then it would not be allowed to be prohibited under city ordinance, [The State Legislature hereby occupies and preempts the entire field of legislation in this state touching in any way firearms, components, ammunition, and supplies to the complete exclusion of any order, ordinance, or regulation by any municipality or other political subdivision of this state. Any existing or
future orders, ordinances, or regulations in this field, ..., are null and void.

I was actually thinking of this when I posted before...[Specifically excludes...Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds]

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was therein Saturday. The sign reads "This is a CITY facility. It is unlawful to possess a weapon....". There wasnt a gun buster sign, just this posted sign. It is white and not the right door when entering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom