Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then, there are the guys that DO want something for nothing. This guy usually has no intention of buying, can't really afford to buy what is being offered, and is probably just throwing shtuff against the wall to see what sticks. This is the guy that irritates me. This guy usually doesn't communicate well, either. Messages are usually so brief as to be downright rude. The older I get the less tolerance I have for this guy. I usually tell him something along the lines of, "If I wanted to give it away I woulda just taken it to Goodwill.
Some people are just rude.
I deal with people like that all the time. They get blocked. I've posted about all my bad encounters on armslist here as a warning to others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my point is being missed or misrepresented/taken out of context wholly.

I responded to this quote right here👇👇👇👇

With this right here 👇👇👇👇

The point being that @tyromeo55 said any offer is not a lowball if it an item is reposted for weeks/months, to which I counter that any offer is good only if you have to sell, must sell, are hard up for $$, desperate, etc. Otherwise it's a lowball.

I'm still wondering how people are assuming they're being singled out from my post, unless it's a confession. I bet someone will respond to this with a confession of sorts again.
I don't feel like anyone is being singled out. Just a healthy conversation.

I still cant say I agree with you. I think Webster agrees "to give a markedly or unfairly low offer" If it has been sitting unsold for a reasonable amount of time then the market says it is overpriced and most any reasonable offer below would be considerate. If the seller wants a better price they can wait for the market to change or take it where the market is better. If they leave it sit overpriced then they might be guilty of gouging " an excessive or improper charge for something"

IMG_3897.jpg

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why ya'll lookin at me

This is not aimed at you tyromeo.

realistically, the market here on OSA is crap.
Very few buyers.
Buyers tighter than a tin can, want new guns and parts for pawn shop buyer prices.= 10%-20% of true value of a firearm.
if you want new go buy new somewhere And pay accordingly.
no I won't take your goat for trade.
no I don't want your single shot 100 yr old black powder musket that is rusted to crap
Jeez, like I told one of the other guys just a week or so ago,
In my opinion(like assholes...) if $50 is holding you back, you don't need to be spending the money.
most pawnshops offer's I heard of are only about 50% of true value, I have never sold at a pawnshop so don't know actual numbers, you want to see cheap gun buy offers check out buds gunshop, if $50 is holding you back you don't need to buy? maybe if selling for 10% less is holding you back you shouldn't be selling?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time I have an abundance of backyard butchered chicken I'll have to remember the classifieds. I might could have gotten a gun out of the 50 or so lbs we just gave away..

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
most pawnshops offer's I heard of are only about 50% of true value, I have never sold at a pawnshop so don't know actual numbers, you want to see cheap gun buy offers check out buds gunshop, if $50 is holding you back you don't need to buy? maybe if selling for 10% less is holding you back you shouldn't be selling?
Lol. I don't need to sell so i really don't care.
i've been in pawn shops many times when guys come in to sell or
pawn and if it is a $600-$800 gun, the max I have ever seen them offer is $100-$150.
I have offered more than pawn shops offered right at the counter.
i've never pawned, but look for specific guns to buy.
i don't get your 10% less. I just ask for what I want and don't really care.
How many deals have you made on here? Look at my feedback.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I don't feel like anyone is being singled out. Just a healthy conversation.

I still cant say I agree with you. I think Webster agrees "to give a markedly or unfairly low offer" If it has been sitting unsold for a reasonable amount of time then the market says it is overpriced and most any reasonable offer below would be considerate. If the seller wants a better price they can wait for the market to change or take it where the market is better. If they leave it sit overpriced then they might be guilty of gouging " an excessive or improper charge for something"

View attachment 217038
Still missed the point.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Why ya'll lookin at me

This is not aimed at you tyromeo.

realistically, the market here on OSA is crap.
Very few buyers.
Buyers tighter than a tin can, want new guns and parts for pawn shop buyer prices.= 10%-20% of true value of a firearm.
if you want new go buy new somewhere And pay accordingly.
no I won't take your goat for trade.
no I don't want your single shot 100 yr old black powder musket that is rusted to crap
Jeez, like I told one of the other guys just a week or so ago,
In my opinion(like assholes...) if $50 is holding you back, you don't need to be spending the money.
Not necessarily in your case but generally when I make an offer it is an offer I feel the item is worth after research. I also will not pay new guns prices for a used gun. Well let me back that up............... some guns are worth more than new prices but I cannot afford those any way LOL.
Been looking for a model 36 for a while and made an offer on a nuttin special revolver on AL .It was well taken care of by pictures but carried a lot and showed its age . Guy had it listed for $150.00 more than I thought it was worth after talking to a couple members here and educating myself as to what I was looking at. Value/worth is different to different people. I do not feel I low balled him but I am sure he was calling me a low baller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom