Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@mouthpiece

No worries on my end brother. Keep callen' em like ya see it.

I mostly agree with you on OSA being a crap sellers market. The only real exception is that you get (or at least used to get) premium buyers. They are local, cash paying, generally like minded and can be vetted thru the community. Not many other places can you ask for that from firearm buyers. the detriment is ya get more conservative buyers who expect deals (or lately noobs/neckbeards who need to be taken out the OSA back door and kicked in the junk).

Me. I'm a horrible shopper. The only decent quality I can offer is that I settle on a price I think is fair to me. Often that is the sellers asking price. I generally don't play games with the rig-a-ma-roo If the seller declines my offer no hard feelings.

Just my 2c

On another note did you see osb is down 40% I need to order the lumber for the shop.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@mouthpiece

No worries on my end brother. Keep callen' em like ya see it.

I mostly agree with you on OSA being a crap sellers market. The only real exception is that you get (or at least used to get) premium buyers. They are local, cash paying, generally like minded and can be vetted thru the community. Not many other places can you ask for that from firearm buyers. the detriment is ya get more conservative buyers who expect deals (or lately noobs/neckbeards who need to be taken out the OSA back door and kicked in the junk).

Me. I'm a horrible shopper. The only decent quality I can offer is that I settle on a price I think is fair to me. Often that is the sellers asking price. I generally don't play games with the rig-a-ma-roo If the seller declines my offer no hard feelings.

Just my 2c

On another note did you see osb is down 40% I need to order the lumber for the shop.
Oh heck! I hadn't seen the osb price of late. Been busy.

On the topic, I agree. i've avoided armslist, gunbroker because of all the scammy, noshow, f tards. I don't have time for it.
I'd rather take my stuff to a show and sell there.
lots of buyers, with cash, ready to buy, able to inspect item in hand, without 2 days of back and forth messaging to make a deal or schedule a meet up.
And usually. Done right there.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be wrong because I don't see that many guns I'm interested in and therefore don't check prices, but my impression usually is that people are posting used guns for about what a new one would cost.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know. An offer is an offer no matter what side it comes from

I offered $500 for something in the classifieds that was listed at 600. It had been there for at least a couple weeks (over a month now) and still as of a couple days ago remains unsold and being relisted. The seller could of made a counter offer but declined. Some would consider my offer low ball. I don’t think so.

maybe the item is worth more somewhere else. The market here has spoken it’s not worth that here at this time

I think my point is being missed or misrepresented/taken out of context wholly.

I responded to this quote right here👇👇👇👇
when an item gets reposted for weeks / months and does not sell I’m not sure any offer is lowball.

With this right here 👇👇👇👇
That only applies if you have to sell whatever thing it is.

The point being that @tyromeo55 said any offer is not a lowball if it an item is reposted for weeks/months, to which I counter that any offer is good only if you have to sell, must sell, are hard up for $$, desperate, etc. Otherwise it's a lowball.

I'm still wondering how people are assuming they're being singled out from my post, unless it's a confession. I bet someone will respond to this with a confession of sorts again.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why ya'll lookin at me

This is not aimed at you tyromeo.

realistically, the market here on OSA is crap.
Very few buyers.
Buyers tighter than a tin can, want new guns and parts for pawn shop buyer prices.= 10%-20% of true value of a firearm.
if you want new go buy new somewhere And pay accordingly.
no I won't take your goat for trade.
no I don't want your single shot 100 yr old black powder musket that is rusted to crap
Jeez, like I told one of the other guys just a week or so ago,
In my opinion(like assholes...) if $50 is holding you back, you don't need to be spending the money.
Well said. It's like you are in my head. That's pretty much what my thoughts are, but didn't want to ruffle feathers. Just my opinion.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state of OUR world has got near everybody uptight. Unless your a carefree kid with little/ no knowledge or maybe a person who has plenty of $ to blow. Jacked up prices everywhere, OOS all over, limited quanities, round bales to support the cows, up in price etc etc.
Not to mention put on your mask and take the shot..
While I've always been and will always be a smarta$$. I am / was a nice guy. Being nice in todays world is getting more difficult and imo I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. So adapt and overcome will become ever more present. JMO.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
There are guys that make reasonable offers. These are the guys I like working with. They don't expect something for nothing and generally have been around for a while and know what is proper and what isn't. This is the guy that's mostly looking for a fair deal.

Then, there are the guys that DO want something for nothing. This guy usually has no intention of buying, can't really afford to buy what is being offered, and is probably just throwing shtuff against the wall to see what sticks. This is the guy that irritates me. This guy usually doesn't communicate well, either. Messages are usually so brief as to be downright rude. The older I get the less tolerance I have for this guy. I usually tell him something along the lines of, "If I wanted to give it away I woulda just taken it to Goodwill so I wouldn't have to wade thru BS from people like you."

I'll be the first to admit I'll look for good deals. I try to offer fair deals when I sell things and sometimes I offer really good deals. It depends on what I'm selling. But if I want to give it away I won't put a price on it.

Some people are just rude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom