Cleveland Indians wimped out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geez, so people are offended that people are or aren't offended by the Cleveland Indians changing their name and logo. People are nuts.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Viking" is a racial slur against Norsemen raiders.

The NFL team from Minnesota should change its name to "The Twin Cities Pillaging Rapists."

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a full blooded Navajo, I've never been offended by most American Indian (NDN for short). There have been some examples in the past, that have been offensive, but they were obviously outrageous and demeaning. I've got into many arguments with other NDN's about them, have even changed some minds. My argument has always been, how does a name or mascot change the self worth a person has? One example was the changing of the OKC Capital Redskins to the Red Wolves. I said, does changing a school mascot stop alcoholism on the reservation among NDNs? Does it stop domestic violence? Teen pregnancy? No, it doesn't do anything at all. In this case, I argued that success in school, was due to parent involvement, attendance, family support, personal drive for improvement, not the mascot of a high school. I also feel that NDN's arguing these, makes us appear weak and fragile, which is a departure from 9ur proud Warrior history.

Latest posts

Top Bottom