Clint Smith Defensive Titles (DVD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many better DVD sets out there than Clint Smith's IMO.

I own or have seen a good number of the DVD series out there and can recommend LFI, Magpul Dynamics, Shivworks, Rangemaster, Tactical Response, and several others before Clint Smith.

JMO.

Michael Brown

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many better DVD sets out there than Clint Smith's IMO.

I own or have seen a good number of the DVD series out there and can recommend LFI, Magpul Dynamics, Shivworks, Rangemaster, Tactical Response, and several others before Clint Smith.

JMO.

Michael Brown

You don't like Clint's methods MB? Or is it something else about him? :anyone:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't like Clint's methods MB? Or is it something else about him? :anyone:

I think his physical technique is sub-par.

I think his teaching methods are sub-par.

IMO, he had a great facility at T.R. but that was about it. I took Urban Rifle there and was less than impressed. We have much better local resources.

I believe he got a lot of good press because of some very good assistants and an outstanding facility, but I don't care for him as an instructor.

His stories can be entertaining........

JMO.

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you skip the DVDs and go get some hands on training.....
That really does make the most sense. :thumb:

As I said earlier, Clint Smith is an amazing instructor and a guy who definitely knows his ****. He's worked hard and long doing what he does and yes, if given the chance, I would love to attend one of his classes. It just seems odd to me that one minute he's bashing the "Plastic king and queen" and then you see him training with one. :ugh2:
:scratch:
I dunno. Maybe it's his way of teaching his students with various firearms, since we don't ALL carry the same thing.
I tend to side with the "stick with one platform" school of thought, but there is also something to be said for familiarizing yourself with multiple platforms.....
That way when you have to use the BG's gun in a pinch you won't waste valueable seconds trying to figure out how to work the safety on the Lorcin...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That really does make the most sense. :thumb:

I tend to side with the "stick with one platform" school of thought, but there is also something to be said for familiarizing yourself with multiple platforms.....
That way when you have to use the BG's gun in a pinch you won't waste valueable seconds trying to figure out how to work the safety on the Lorcin...

True story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom