Some folks are in land of make believe over on armslist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I completely agree that the market determines the value of an item and not some price-book or even a bunch of guys as brilliant as we all are talking on the internet. The thing is that people aren’t listening to the market. If you list an item and within a day have received several offers then you know your asking price was too low and you left a lot of meat on the table. Conversely if you’ve had an item listed for a month and you’re receiving inquiries but no legitimate offers then you either are being unrealistic about your product’s value or you’re trying to sell the item to the wrong market.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I used to be a S&W stainless fan and have had them all at one time or another including the 3 inch 66. Their price has skyrocketed more than their worth for me. Once in a while you see one listed that is reasonably priced. I'd still like to have a 63. I've owned both 4 and 2 inch versions before.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So explain how a S&W 36 and a 1967 Winchester was listed for over 5 months Sold? It is not a matter of how short or long a Ad is listed, it is simply a mattter of the right person coming along and needing such.

It is purely comical to come on here and state anything about any Ad for sale, being it to high, won’t sell, unrealistic expectation etc etc.

It is ludicrous to devalue an item simply because time has gone by, even if the gent/gal has it listed at an inflated value.

Anyone remember ”The Bargain Post Paper”? I once had an ad on there for a set off running boards off a long bed 4 door 4x4 Chevy, the boards ran from the front tire to the rear tire. Not a fan if such, took them off and put them on Bargain Post, needed up setting them behind the shop and forgot them. Damn near 2 years later a gent calls and asks if I still had those long ass running boards that was listed in the Bargain Post Paper. I had forgot them, told him I’d check. He was so elated I still had them.

Hence everything sells, just the right buyer needs to come by. Guns don’t eat, does not matter if a gun sits for sale for a year or longer.

I somewhat concur, with both of you.

A listing that sells quickly, could be because of an amazing low price OR extremely popular arm that several are interested in.

Same with long term posts, could be overpriced OR just haven't found that 1 buyer.

Those that "buy to flip" expect / demand to buy for $400 and sell for $1400, on a $900 piece.

Armslist and Gunbroker have become a joke. I made deals, both directions, pre-Gates biohazard. Haven't been on either site in over a year. At one time, good people here would list at fait to extremely fair price, too many Armslist and Gunbroker scammers wander in, now.

Inflation is real. Some prices have still moved beyond ridiculous. Do your homework, know your product, set your price and see what happens.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So explain how a S&W 36 and a 1967 Winchester was listed for over 5 months Sold? It is not a matter of how short or long a Ad is listed, it is simply a mattter of the right person coming along and needing such.
Kinda already did. I’d say he wasn’t presenting his product to the right customer base until finally someone stumbled along that was willing to purchase those guns at what I’m going to assume is the full asking price listed. But then heck, what do I know about sales?

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you tulsa for taking one for the team.
Just glad the city of shawnee hasn’t done this already.

Yes! Show me $600 S&W model 66s!

not $600, but bought a late model 2.75” 66-8 listed for $675 last week from a gent on Armslist.

im sure that having a lock and the modern barrel system makes it worth less than an earlier model, but I didn’t quibble with that price at all

however I do hang my head thinking about what I sold a 66-4 , a model 19 snub with some freckling on the finish, and a few bobbed 64’s for a few years ago

Latest posts

Top Bottom