Some folks are in land of make believe over on armslist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy and sell a ton. I don’t do it to make money, I do it because I enjoy it. I typically will sell whatever I bought for just a little less than I paid. My reasoning is if the atf ever came knocking, they won’t be able to make an argument I’m selling for profit without an ffl. As far as values go, it’s subjective. There is no real consensus on value that is trustworthy. A great example is jm stamped marlins. A guy that was bought for 350 in the early 2000s may be selling for 800 today, but a Glock from that same period has no bearing. Old smiths have intrinsic, sentimental, and rare(depending on model) value. I shoot a lot, but to be honest most guys, save for a few, that I sell smiths to don’t really shoot and only collect. I’ll pay more for a 10-5 5” smith than I will for a 66, because I like shooting them more. Some guys like the 66 more. It’s all subjective.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s the difference in pricing here compared to arms list?
This place is high. Asking new prices on a lot.
Example- ammo in here I have priced the exact same on ammo seek, cheaper on ammo seek.
I am on the same boat my friend. After I posted this I witnessed a couple of posts go down on here, one with a 1400.00 S&W Model 66???? I guess that old adage "It's worth whatever someone will pay" has meaning to some folks. I also hear folks say "Guns don't eat" which I am assuming means it costs nothing to list them high and wait for "that guy" to come by. Heck I dunno, I guess I have been doing this for so long I have seen it all.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am on the same boat my friend. After I posted this I witnessed a couple of posts go down on here, one with a 1400.00 S&W Model 66???? I guess that old adage "It's worth whatever someone will pay" has meaning to some folks. I also hear folks say "Guns don't eat" which I am assuming means it costs nothing to list them high and wait for "that guy" to come by. Heck I dunno, I guess I have been doing this for so long I have seen it all.
When I post stuff, I figure out real quick if I’m off on price. After 2 or 3 ppl sending me offers of about the same price,
I swallow my pride and take what ppl are willing to offer. Then again there is some deals to be had in here.
One in particular I think of see often,
It can be had at half price of what you can buy it for plus extras! I just can’t drive several hours one way. He didn’t want to meet, I totally understand. Still saving my money hoping it’ll be there when I can finally get it!

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I post stuff, I figure out real quick if I’m off on price. After 2 or 3 ppl sending me offers of about the same price,
I swallow my pride and take what ppl are willing to offer. Then again there is some deals to be had in here.
One in particular I think of see often,
It can be had at half price of what you can buy it for plus extras! I just can’t drive several hours one way. He didn’t want to meet, I totally understand. Still saving my money hoping it’ll be there when I can finally get it!
That is one of my bargaining points, I have driven and will probably continue to drive many miles. I enjoy the hunt and regularly will drive 300 mile round trips in my adventure :-) In fact I tell people I will make it painless for you and drive to you quite often. The hunt is fun for me.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So what’s the difference in pricing here compared to arms list?
This place is high. Asking new prices on a lot.
Example- ammo in here I have priced the exact same on ammo seek, cheaper on ammo seek.
A lot of good deals here but some price their stuff too high. You will normally see that stuff listed for a long time. The good news is no one has to buy anything they don't want. When Armslist started charging OSA classifieds changed quite a bit. The riffraff are usually sorted out pretty quickly. If someone finds something cheaper somewhere else they tend to buy it instead of just complaining about it here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom