Cocking holster???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are interesting I remember a few years ago seeing ads and videos of one like a serpa style that did the same thing. as you pressed down it racked the slide and released. Which from a logical standpoint doesn't make sense but it "looks cool"

I imagine it would suck if you already had one in the chamber.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there would be no reason to use it as such if you carried with a round chambered. Everytime you would be throwing a round away.

I think that's what he means :)

No he is probably refering to the high likelyhood of the weapon becoming jammed in the holster, or a feed jamb when it tries to spit a round out in a confined space if you forget and holster it condition 1 or 2 not Condition 3.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No ez, it would be worse than that. If the holster was enclosed Serpa style, the ejecting round would have nowhere to go other than stay in the chamber/ejection port area, and jam the gun.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen one of those, but I saw a very cool custom holster that DavidE (KyTac) did for a 1911: when the guy withdrew the gun from the holster, the safety was automatically clicked down/off (before it exited the holster). When the 1911 was inserted in the holster, the safety was automatically engaged (inside the holster). Not sure about the practicality of it, but it was very slick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom