Coffee snobbery ITT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents send me whole beans from one of a couple little hole-in-the-wall coffee shops back home that have some DELISH blends.

When I'm outta the stuff from Washington, I get one of the big bags from Sams Club. I killed my last burr grinder, so I'm using a pretty cheap blade one right now. I intend to get a new grinder for myself for my birthday next month. Generally, I make espresso, but when I'm feeling lazy, I dump some in the coffee pot. I also often take the Sams Club to work to share with my co-workers. Working night shift, we drink a LOT, and plain old folgers beats the crap outta the cains packets we have. My fresh-ground beans are the delight of my whole unit. :drink:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ooooooh boy.

DO NOT go to Starbucks. It's expensive and the "real" coffee drinks are crap.

+1000

Starbucks has some of the absolute worst coffee I've ever tasted.

I used to be a coffee snob. Now, coffee is the reason there is Irish Cream. :D (Except at the office...I just drink it black)

I do still grind whole beans though.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1000

I used to be a coffee snob. Now, coffee is the reason there is Irish Cream. :D (Except at the office...I just drink it black)

Agreed. I love me some raspberry passion tea or green tea frappucino, but their coffee is godawful. Hardly any flavor, and what's there always seems a bit burnt to me.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What grinder do you have?

Just a relatively cheap Black & Decker, haven't moved up to the big money toys yet. But the brand and price of grinder has much less to do with the process so long as they're ground to the proper consistency.

It surprizes me that the best kept secrets of the coffee world are McDonald's new coffee and DunkN'Donuts. For all the overpriced coffee shop brews that are TERRIBLE, simplicity is sometimes preferred.

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1000

Whewww, I'm glad to hear this. I was beginning to question my manhood. Everytime I've stopped for a cup, I'd take a sip and as always, it was bitter and burnt tasting. Now I know why. I was beginning to think something was wrong with me.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a relatively cheap Black & Decker, haven't moved up to the big money toys yet. But the brand and price of grinder has much less to do with the process so long as they're ground to the proper consistency.

It surprizes me that the best kept secrets of the coffee world are McDonald's new coffee and DunkN'Donuts. For all the overpriced coffee shop brews that are TERRIBLE, simplicity is sometimes preferred.

I'm a bit ashamed to say that I do kinda dig McDougals new coffees. :bigeye:

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Toddy Cold Brew System turns even Walmart Value brand coffee into stuff that's better than anything you can buy over the counter. There's really nothing quite like it. But they're a lot of work to use. A Bodum Coffee Press does almost as good a job with a lot less hassle. But still, the Toddy system turns out the best tasting coffee you'll ever have. If you're cooking gourmet coffee grind in a regular coffee maker you're ruining it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom