Cold front coming this weekend...what soup/chili/stew are you cooking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been awhile so it's time for some Texas Spaghetti.

Home brew variant of 3 alarm chili (some fresh key ingredients added), served over a bed of spaghetti, topped with cheddar, some Texas garlic toast and a side (or four or ???) of Corona. :spaghetti:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhhh ... that'd be GREAT!! To my way of thinking, the more the merrier!! Especially when "appropriately paired" beverages are involved ... :D

I've got nowhere to go tomorrow so I'm thinking about smoking a chicken for dinner ... which reminds me I better go get the bird out of the freezer so it can thaw ...
The one in the yard should already be thawed.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one in the yard should already be thawed.

LOL ... You know, we were putting that pen together for them Monday and GC says "You know, I don't think I want to kill off any of these girls. Can we just keep them 'til they go on their own??" I've read about people having chickens for pets but I've never actually seen it. It's a HOOT!! (I gotta admit I enjoy their antics, too, but I've already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt I can wring a neck in a heartbeat!)

So, I don't think we'll be eating these girls anytime in the future. Maybe I could get some more in the spring and hide them from him so he won't get attached! ;)

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chili made with diced round steak, Ranch Style Beans, diced tomatoes, Williams chili seasoning, diced garlic, green chilies, chopped onions, diced tomatoes, and a little V8 juice. Crackers, corn bread, shredded cheddar cheese, fritos, and hot sauce on the side + assorted beverages. Simple and family friendly.

Cedar Creek

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, by the time some of you folks get your meals prepped and cooked, the cold front will have come and gone! I have to admire you for the willingness to put that much time and effort into cooking a meal - do any of you by any chance go to that much trouble to prepare dinner just for yourself?

Latest posts

Top Bottom