Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quality and quality control.

If you're gonna pull it out of the safe twice a year and shoot it 20 times, go ahead and go with something else. If you want something to rely on, stick with Colt, LMT, Noveske, and BCM.

My trophy wives run just fine. I know how they work and take care of them accordingly.

you have more than one wife ? :bowdown:
poor man is a gluton for punishment

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having played w/ black rifles long enough, I'll tell you that you can put together a superior rifle with some bells and whistles for the equivalent cost of a 6920. Colt purists won't admit it, though.

A BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, or LaRue upper is a good place to start.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm

In my latest build I've been on a Daniel Defense kick. 16" DD barrels can be had for $180, BCGs at $140. Do your research, shop around, find out what you like, save your pennies and buy the good stuff. You won't regret it.

Most of all, building what you want is FUN.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I have an A2 made by Colt,at the time I bought it Colt was the only game in town,other places started making them after I bought mine.It has only jammed once on a bad reload,pushing the bullet into the case where the neck was split and I didn't catch it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if my M&P15 runs any worse than a Colt I just don't care. It's only short stroked a couple of times on some underpowered ammo when it was brand spanking new. That's the only malf it's had EVER! About 4000 rounds so far. And for the price difference 2000 of those rounds are free. (ammo prices at the time I purchased the rifle)

To each his own I guess...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 word. Fandom.

Most people who tout 1 brand over others have never even owned another brand. It would be like me saying my Noveske uppers are the best uppers out there.

What experience do I have to back up that claim? Sure, I have shot a few of my buddies' rifles, but I can guarantee you it wasnt enough to truly come up with an accurate comparisson. So, the only legitimate statement I can make is "I have never had a problem with my noveske".

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently only have one AR and it is a Colt 6921. I like it, it works, and it is a Colt. Now, I have owned a lot of other brands and built more than my share of rifles. I have put some plain jane KISS to some serious money pits. It is all what fits your needs. I have total faith in my Colt, and I had utter faith in most of the others that I have owned too. Why do people buy Dodge, Chevy, and Ford when there is better options out there------because there is a choice.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently only have one AR and it is a Colt 6921. I like it, it works, and it is a Colt. Now, I have owned a lot of other brands and built more than my share of rifles. I have put some plain jane KISS to some serious money pits. It is all what fits your needs. I have total faith in my Colt, and I had utter faith in most of the others that I have owned too. Why do people buy Dodge, Chevy, and Ford when there is better options out there------because there is a choice.

What is the difference between a 6920 and a 6921?

Latest posts

Top Bottom