Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mattel made handgurds for the M16 during the vietnam era and stamped their name in them, many grunts saw them and assumed the whole wepon was made by Mattel, I remember my step dad telling me about that one.

Mattel being a toy maker had the facilities to produce the plastic parts with just a little retooling and won the contract for that part. After all the incorrect assumptions about the actual weapon maker Mattel continued to make the handguards without putting their name on them.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Mattel handguard is just another internet myth. Mattel never made ANY parts for M16 rifles, period. Contact the company and ask them yourself if you do not believe me.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little bit of a thread drift here but IBM made M1 carbines. I would kind of like to have one since IBM puts food on the table for me at the present time.:thumb:

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question: Am I correct in that the larger pins in the Colt are in the trigger assembly only? (And this has been changed very recently?) As I see it, it is a non-issue, correct? Any upper or lower is compatable with any Colt upper or lower? Thanks:thumb:

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question: Am I correct in that the larger pins in the Colt are in the trigger assembly only? (And this has been changed very recently?) As I see it, it is a non-issue, correct? Any upper or lower is compatable with any Colt upper or lower? Thanks:thumb:

the SP's have a larger front pivot pin it's actually a screw.They make adapters to fit them to any upper or lower.The older Colts had small trigger pins then they switched to the large ones then they switched back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom