Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I foolishly sold a 6920 a few months ago but fortunately was able to replace it for a less than I sold the first one. Not an AR expert by any means but I did my homework on "the other board" and the 6920 seems to be one of the carbines of choice. I saw a compairson chart somewhere but can't seem to locate it but the 6920 faired very well. I plan to leave mine stock as a stove but who knows. Now I think I would like a Colt 9M AR15 as well.

One more thing, I should probably start another thread in the pistol forum but I think I might bet better responses here. What do you guys think about an AR pistol? I have an itch for one of these too. Comments? Suggestions? 9M or 223? What are they good for besides looking mean and cool sitting on the bench at the range? Do you shoot them two handed like a pistol or like a carbine with an imaginary stock?

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One other thing, and I hate to say this, but believe this or not, some people like having the Colt 6921, because it says M4 on it.

ai46.tinypic.com_jhfuhs.jpg

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, but what has been happening here lately is class 2 SOT's have been getting them and breaking them up applying to ATF as a non SBR and then selling the lowers and the uppers as part. Then indaviduals will either put a 16" upper on that lower or pin a flash hider to bring the 14" to the full 16" and use it. Its one of those areas that has not quite been addresed yet.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, but what has been happening here lately is class 2 SOT's have been getting them and breaking them up applying to ATF as a non SBR and then selling the lowers and the uppers as part. Then indaviduals will either put a 16" upper on that lower or pin a flash hider to bring the 14" to the full 16" and use it. Its one of those areas that has not quite been addresed yet.

Interesting. Please pardon my lack of knowledge (I am more of a handgun guy, just getting interested in AR's. If you do this, wouldn't you have to use a Colt upper? Does Colt use a larger pin that connects the upper to the lower than other AR's? Thanks:Thumb:

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They started to get away from that practice because they saw that for some reason some of their long time customers stoped being their customers because they could not switch out lowers or put in a RDIAS. Most of us stuck in there. I say that loosely because I like Colts, for nastalga and collector reasons I also like the attrabutes of other Ars, to say one rifle has everything and every inovation out there is hard to say, because there are so many new things comming out every day, by so many different companies. Pick a flavor.

Yes Colt has had a very good Name that people have stuck by for years. Do you want a gun that will keep its value, like a Harley? Buy a Colt.

Did you take a little trip to South East Asia back in the 60's and 70's at the Governments expense and meet exotic people and well you know the rest.. and you would like to have a weapon to remember that tour. Those can be purchased now too. I sold one at the last gun show. Colts cost a little more, but when you sell them you will get most of your money back.

I don't mind any ones lack of knowledge, most people that know me will tell you that I do not mind going into detail and explaining or teaching anything if I know something about it. Just don't ask me something about an AK, because that is something I know nothing about. I was a teacher/professor for 32 yrs.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what i understand is FN does have a major contract for the m4's, m240, and m249's and they had soley built a plant here in the us just to get a contract for them being our military contracts require being made in usa from what i have heard. But im not sure on who makes more of what or vice versa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom