Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what i understand is FN does have a major contract for the m4's, m240, and m249's and they had soley built a plant here in the us just to get a contract for them being our military contracts require being made in usa from what i have heard. But im not sure on who makes more of what or vice versa.

FN does NOT make M4's they make M16's (and M240's and M249's like you mentioned).

http://www.fnmfg.com/

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know lately it has been up in the air. You know how politics is with everyone trying to get their piece of the pie and hoping somewhere along the way they are not going to be the one holding the bag of air. I have herd all kinds of tails, like something new is on the horizen etc.

I can open one up and look at the bolt just like many of you can and tell you who it is made by just by looking at the markings. And I don't mean looking for a C either. LOL But FN has had their finger in almost everything lately. So there is no telling what they are and are not making.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a little bit of time over on AR15.com. I couldn't believe some of the "stuff" some of those guys hang on their AR's. To each his own I guess. Two 20 round G.I. mags came with my gun, I think the all I need is ammo and a few mags. PMags seem to be the mag of choice? What's the point in the ones with a window? Thanks:thumb:

Note to Nighthawk: Yeah, I did tote an M16 around in Vietnam, '69-'70. Sure would like to have that gun today, it was brand new when it was issued to me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent a little bit of time over on AR15.com. I couldn't believe some of the "stuff" some of those guys hang on their AR's. To each his own I guess. Two 20 round G.I. mags came with my gun, I think the all I need is ammo and a few mags. PMags seem to be the mag of choice? What's the point in the ones with a window? Thanks:thumb:

Note to Nighthawk: Yeah, I did tote an M16 around in Vietnam, '69-'70. Sure would like to have that gun today, it was brand new when it was issued to me.

I tend to agree with the exception that I think any AR used for serious work should have a light mounted. Not a great big humongous light with a kabillion lumens, but a compact and lightweight light of around 60-110 lumens. I also like a 2pt sling, though a single point is a popular choice these days.

The biggest complaint I have is barrels and forends that are too heavy. Lightweight rails are expensive, but worth it. At least companies like BCM are recognizing the need for lighter barrel choices.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is precisely why I've decided to stick with my Winchester for those pesky zombies. ;)

Spray and pray is no answer. :disappoin

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the exception that I think any AR used for serious work should have a light mounted. Not a great big humongous light with a kabillion lumens, but a compact and lightweight light of around 60-110 lumens. I also like a 2pt sling, though a single point is a popular choice these days.

The biggest complaint I have is barrels and forends that are too heavy. Lightweight rails are expensive, but worth it. At least companies like BCM are recognizing the need for lighter barrel choices.

I think you are right but unless you are a LEO, don't you think most AR's are bought for recreation? I wouldn't want to hunt with an M4 and for home defense I prefer a shotgun. I bought mine just because I can - and I plan to punch a lot of paper and annihilate a bunch of soda cans.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you are right but unless you are a LEO, don't you think most AR's are bought for recreation? I wouldn't want to hunt with an M4 and for home defense I prefer a shotgun. I bought mine just because I can - and I plan to punch a lot of paper and annihilate a bunch of soda cans.

Agreed, however some people don't handle a shotty well, but almost anyone can handle a light, compact AR. It's plenty effective at HD ranges and has enough capacity that reloads are not an issue. Any HD solution IMO needs a light. I also like the pinpoint accuracy potential. For close range work, the XS CSAT sight system is the cat's meow.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is precisely why I've decided to stick with my Winchester for those pesky zombies. ;)
Spray and pray is no answer. :disappoin

Guess I missed the point you refer to.... the one that explains why you would want to possibly go up against BG's in a firefight, who may not be limited by any decision to arm themselves with a similar 'antique'?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I missed the point you refer to.... the one that explains why you would want to possibly go up against BG's in a firefight, who may not be limited by any decision to arm themselves with a similar 'antique'?

Because it really doesn't matter if you have 60 rounds available, but when you fire ALL of them you only hit your target 5 or 6 times.

Yeah...it happens.

What's worse is where did the rest of all those bullets go? :yikes2:

YOU are responsible for each and every round fired...YOU!

Not the bad guy, not the DA, not the firearm manufacturer...

YOU!

Latest posts

Top Bottom