Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reckon I'm just too old school for the evil black rifle. :rolleyes2

I dunno. I'm a hard one to figure out. :screwy: One day I want one, the next day I don't.

Maybe I oughta just check myself into the nervous hospital and be done with it. :grumble:

I watched the vid - That's good shootin' Rusty! :thumb:

I've noticed that you can be all over the place sometimes. lol... If a guy has a need to fill, I say get the best tool for the job period, regardless of what we are talking about.

I feel compelled to admit that video is a reshoot of that stage due to the fact the the timer didn't pick up my first one. The run in the video is MUCH better than the first one. lol...

10mmPhil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark
When I was on active duty, I was issued many colts (and other manufacturers as well, you know lowest bidder), but the one I that run the best and shot the best was an a1 made by Mattel. Can you get your hands on one of them?

I would like to hear more about your mythical Mattel M16A1:gun1:

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really do not understand your question????
I ran across several of the m16 a1 while I was in the Army in the early and mid 1980's with Mattel stamped on the lower where Colt would be. I only had one issued to me the whole time I was in. While at Ft Sill, my issued weapon was made by Mattel. Several others in my unit also had m16a1 made by Mattel. They impressed me because they were such good runners. On the timed qualification ranges while everyone else was hitting, slapping, switching mags etc, all of us with Mattels were just scoring expert.
I had other m16a1 issued to me that were'nt made by Colt as well, they did not impress me so I do not remember their manufacturers. Out of all the issued weapons I have ever had (m16a1 and a2), I would take that Mattel one anyday.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really do not understand your question????
I ran across several of the m16 a1 while I was in the Army in the early and mid 1980's with Mattel stamped on the lower where Colt would be. I only had one issued to me the whole time I was in. While at Ft Sill, my issued weapon was made by Mattel. Several others in my unit also had m16a1 made by Mattel. They impressed me because they were such good runners. On the timed qualification ranges while everyone else was hitting, slapping, switching mags etc, all of us with Mattels were just scoring expert.
I had other m16a1 issued to me that were'nt made by Colt as well, they did not impress me so I do not remember their manufacturers. Out of all the issued weapons I have ever had (m16a1 and a2), I would take that Mattel one anyday.

I think that what he does not understand is that there are always vets who say they have seen or were issued a Mattel M16, yet Mattel never made any M16's. Mattel themselves have said they didn't make them. Mattel never even had a military contract for any of the plastic parts on an M16. The only makers of M16's during the Vietnam era were Colt, Harrington & Richardson and Hydramatic. Since that time FN has also made them and Balimoy has made some replacement receivers. I have worked for the Army Ordnance Corp here at Fort Sill for 25 years and I have never seen one.

The only thing Mattel made that was close to an M16 was a toy;
awww.tomheroes.com_images_COMICAD_20mattel_20m16_20marauder.jpg

Here is a photoshop of a "Mattel" M16 if it makes you feel better:
ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f168_mwrdyna_M16mattelM16.jpg

Here is the Kentucky Fried Chicken M16 too:
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p203_CHRIS65_IL_kfc_m16a1_crispy.jpg

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one for a year and qualified twice with it in 1984/85. I saw others, so it must not have been a one off deal. I don't know who made it, I assumed with Mattel stamped the side it was Mattel. I would say if there are "so many" vets talking about them, there must be something to it.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one for a year and qualified twice with it in 1984/85. I saw others, so it must not have been a one off deal. I don't know who made it, I assumed with Mattel stamped the side it was Mattel. I would say if there are "so many" vets talking about them, there must be something to it.

You know, I have been dealing with M16's for over 20 years and have heard "so many" vets talking about them as well (still have one in my office now). You would think one of them could post some proof. In all that time, no one ever has. The company itself claims it never made them, never made any parts for them and never even had a CAGE code to sell anyting to the military, yet these rumors still persist. If you say you had one, that is fine. I will not call you a liar, but until someone can show me one or any kind of offical documentation on one, I do not believe it.

Here is a Hasbro one:
[Broken External Image]

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one that I think anyone could even remotely confuse with an M16 made by someone other that Colt, Hydramtic, FN or H&R would be the Balimoy. Here are some shots of one in the weapons pool here at Fort Sill.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_CAR_AR_M16_BalimoyFront.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_CAR_AR_M16_BalimoyRear.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I have been dealing with M16's for over 20 years and have heard "so many" vets talking about them as well (still have one in my office now). You would think one of them could post some proof. In all that time, no one ever has. The company itself claims it never made them, never made any parts for them and never even had a CAGE code to sell anyting to the military, yet these rumors still persist. If you say you had one, that is fine. I will not call you a liar, but until someone can show me one or any kind of offical documentation on one, I do not believe it.

Sure man... Next you're going to tell me that John Deer never made an AR either :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom