Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that just because you may have a 30rd mag, you have to 'use 'em all up'.
I don't see why you would think that an AR will end up in firing 'wild', while rounds fired from a lever rifle with a smaller mag capacity could NOT also find their way to any innocent target.
It totally depends on the expertise, and responsibility of the person doing the shooting.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a little bit of time over on AR15.com. I couldn't believe some of the "stuff" some of those guys hang on their AR's. To each his own I guess. Two 20 round G.I. mags came with my gun, I think the all I need is ammo and a few mags. PMags seem to be the mag of choice? What's the point in the ones with a window? Thanks:thumb:

Note to Nighthawk: Yeah, I did tote an M16 around in Vietnam, '69-'70. Sure would like to have that gun today, it was brand new when it was issued to me.

For me give me a bare bones sp1. For show to sell weapons I fix up weapons with everything on them including the toilet paper hanger, because that is what the younger generation wants.
With the game that are out there, and TV shows, the young people and yes some of the older people, that are in shooting competition all want the newest gadgets. I am just too happy to supply them at a reduced price.

The problem is, some of these games and TV shows, including movies, are not accurate, as one Military Caption pointed out to me the other day as we joked about one of the games which the game designer not do the research. When a EM goes off above it does not destroy the electronics in a ACOG, because there is no electronics in an ACOG, and we are not talking about the red dot. Another thing that has always bothered me to no extent, a suppressor on a 45 ACP and a 5.56 does not sound like one on a 22LR unless there is some new technology that I have not learned about yet. I thought I was up on most of it.

In a few weeks I plan on either selling kits or building Semi-Auto Colt M16A1's again. Everything will be A colt M16A1 except the Lower and barrel, they will look as close to orig. as I can get. They will be semi-auto.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark
When I was on active duty, I was issued many colts (and other manufacturers as well, you know lowest bidder), but the one I that run the best and shot the best was an a1 made by Mattel. Can you get your hands on one of them?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the exception that I think any AR used for serious work should have a light mounted. Not a great big humongous light with a kabillion lumens, but a compact and lightweight light of around 60-110 lumens. I also like a 2pt sling, though a single point is a popular choice these days.

The biggest complaint I have is barrels and forends that are too heavy. Lightweight rails are expensive, but worth it. At least companies like BCM are recognizing the need for lighter barrel choices.

This^

I used the YHM spectre length quad rails on mine. I have a fenix light and a Tango down VFG on mine. Wasn't sure about the VFG but after shooting with it last weekend I think I like it.

Colt you're paying for a name.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you are right but unless you are a LEO, don't you think most AR's are bought for recreation? I wouldn't want to hunt with an M4 and for home defense I prefer a shotgun. I bought mine just because I can - and I plan to punch a lot of paper and annihilate a bunch of soda cans.

I dunno man - there are a couple of us that hunt with them. If you hike a lot when you hunt, a lightweight M4 is well worth the money. I have come to realize that the pencil barrel in my son's build is way nicer on the shoulder than the heavy barrel on mine (his is also a 14.5" where as mine is a 16"). It makes for about 3-4Lbs difference and I'm here to say - its noticeable.

Don't forget that there are also those who compete with their M4s.

I don't really plan on using my M4 for home-defense - I've figured out that I would rather have a handgun than even a shotgun since I caught myself not practicing with my HD shotty enough to be comfortable grabbing it from the safe at night (and not having time to practice like I should have been).

I say to each his own - if you want a 6920, then cool - if it works for you then great. If you want a bargain basement budget rifle then great - make sure that it fits the role in which you intend to use it and be happy with or without a horsey on the side of your receiver (or a Texas logo, or a crooked iron cross, or a thundercat, etc...)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes a guy can hit what he's shooting at with a black rifle... lol... GED, I'm not sure why your AR experience was less than favorable but I really enjoy using my rifles.

check it...

I reckon I'm just too old school for the evil black rifle. :rolleyes2

I dunno. I'm a hard one to figure out. :screwy: One day I want one, the next day I don't.

Maybe I oughta just check myself into the nervous hospital and be done with it. :grumble:

I watched the vid - That's good shootin' Rusty! :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom