Compact 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe for the compacts kimber wants you to change the recoil spring out at 1500. I would usually change out the mag springs at the same time.
Find out what your 1911's manufacture suggested round count is for the springs an change them out when needed,or if its a range gun just fire it until it starts jamming.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I believe for the compacts kimber wants you to change the recoil spring out at 1500. I would usually change out the mag springs at the same time.
Find out what your 1911's manufacture suggested round count is for the springs an change them out when needed,or if its a range gun just fire it until it starts jamming.

Don't know if that was recommended or not, but I know on my 4" Compact I had to change recoil springs between 6-800. If I went to 1k, it wouldn't make it through a mag without at least one jam.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Para Ordnance makes the Para Carry. It has a double action trigger, and a nice one at that, but its advertised as the smallest 1911 style pistol in .45 on the market. If you want a single action like a standard 1911 then Para offers their Hawg line of pistols. Some of the others mentioned are fine choices as well.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kimber TLE that I have never had any issues with but for the money I would buy a sig 1911 less expensive , highly dependable and extremely accurate

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only own one 1911 and it's a Kimber Ultra CDP II (3" model) and I've put a few hundred down the chute now without a single hiccup. But when I was researching these, it seems that most people receive perfectly reliable firearms, but the rest of them receive lemons of all lemons. Not that perfectly performing Kimbers are the minority, but I still lucked out with my purchase.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had great luck with my Ultra Carry 2. A friend had to have two of the three Springfields he bought new reworked. I've never owned a Springfield. I had a ParaOrdnance Carry that ran fine.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a Kimber Ultra Eclipse back in Dec. No problems as of yet. If you want an ambi safety, check out their Tacticle Ultra. Ambi safety and extended mag well, although it is alloy frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom