Competent gunsmiths in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shop in Moore is R & S Gun Svc. and the fellas name is Roy I believe.......tel. 799-4867.

I worked part time for two different gunsmiths a few years back, one in Norman and one in Noble, and both used to to get reworks from R & S.......beware.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shop in Moore is R & S Gun Svc. and the fellas name is Roy I believe.......tel. 799-4867.

I worked part time for two different gunsmiths a few years back, one in Norman and one in Noble, and both used to to get reworks from R & S.......beware.

Good information to know. I will keep that in mind next time I need a gun worked on.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin at Jones is an excellent gunsmith. If he can't do it, he can probably recommend someone.

I'll bet you a donut that a crown job on your .22 is all you need. Poor cleaning techniques harm crowns, and .22 barrels are really hard to wear out.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin at Jones is an excellent gunsmith. If he can't do it, he can probably recommend someone.

I'll bet you a donut that a crown job on your .22 is all you need. Poor cleaning techniques harm crowns, and .22 barrels are really hard to wear out.

Wonder if a good cleaning and borescope might show the actual damage. Corrosion is the devil in old .22's.

Another thought is to look into an out of state "Old rifle" type GS service. I recall (But don't recall where.... Maybe rimfire central forums?) that there's places that'll inspect and call with the estimate within a week of arrival, then repair/ drill and line, rechamber, etc.. within a day or two more and return to the customer with about 10 days total time in shop. That's quick, in Gunsmith time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom