Computer Gurus: I Need a Printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever printer you buy will be a disappointment and fail you right at the time when you are under a time crunch and need to print off a bunch of stuff in a hurry.

Sorry to be pessimistic but damn I @#$%ing hate @#@#% printers.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever printer you buy will be a disappointment and fail you right at the time when you are under a time crunch and need to print off a bunch of stuff in a hurry.

Sorry to be pessimistic but damn I @#$%ing hate @#@#% printers.

All my major printing jobs may or may not remain saddled on the printer at work. :contract:

I kid, I kid.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really looking at the 1525 that Blino linked. They have it on newegg. Wish it were a little faster, but that may be the one. 4 new toner cartridges is 210 or so which kinda sucks.

I print color hard copies so infrequently, that by the time I need toner/ink for my now obsolete printer, I can buy a whole next-generation printer for less than the refills. This has been the case with my last three color printers I have had (since 1999).

I still have an old HP LaserJet 1000 I keep around just for the black and white. I have had it since 2001 with the original toner cartridge. The thing won't die.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy no means should you get an all in one unless you're buying a business grade machine like a Xerox. HP is the only way to go in my book. http://www.compsource.com/ttechnote.asp?part_no=CE875ABGJ&vid=195&src=F

Second this. In my personal experience, HP's seem to be the way to go. I bought one when I was a freshman in college in '05 that's had a pretty rough life - moving in an out of dorms every year for awhile, then around rooms in the house, occasionally getting knocked on the floor, and general dorm room wear and tear. And it still prints and scans like a champ. Ink's sorta spendy, but the Kodak my better half bought that ran on $6 ink lasted about that many months. :shocked:

Latest posts

Top Bottom