Computer Gurus: I Need a Printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a freshman in college in '05 that's had a pretty rough life - moving in an out of dorms every year for awhile, then around rooms in the house, occasionally getting knocked on the floor

I had to read this two or three times to realize you were talking about a printer!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, I ended up buying a printer this morning from Amazon. We decided to get a monochrome printer for home use to avoid excessive toner costs. The printer seemed to get better than average reviews and was on sale. Has 8000 sheet high yield toner cartridges for about $60 or $30 if you buy the compatible off brands, built in automatic duplex, expandable memory (bought 512MB on ebay for $20 to go with it), 10/100 ethernet card and wi-fi. I'll give a report on it when it comes in.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen. :D
I really think the newer brother printers have improved a lot.

I have bought 2 of the Brother B&W lasers and one of the color lasers and they have all been outstanding printers.

I have a fleet of HP and Cannon machines I support on a daily basis at work. While HP's are good machines they are not built like they used to be. The good thing is they are so widely used that getting re-manufactured cartridges is very easy as compared to some other printers.

However I think only paid $30 for my last B&W Brother cartridge at Cartridge World.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my printer in and set up this evening. I've got nothing but good things to say about this thing so far. The print quality is amazing, the setup was a breeze and the instructions are straightforward, detailed and clear. It connected to my MAC filtered, WPA2-PSK network with ease and all computers whether wired or wireless print to it. It is set up in the back bedroom with only the power cord. I'll update again in a few weeks after it has been put through it's paces.

Win 7 x64 Wired to router
Win 7 x86 Wi-Fi
Win XP x86 Wi-Fi.

All working flawlessly, effortlessly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom