Conceal Carry for suit wearers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there are some of you here who probably have to wear a suit some or all of the time.

When wearing a suit I have always carried the same way I do when wearing casual clothes (IWB) I just have to remember to keep my jacket on at all times (PITA).

The only trouble I have ever had is when driving without my jacket I have forgotten to put it back on BEFORE I exit the vehicle (PITA) :(

How do you typically carry when wearing a suit?

I use a tuckable IWB. If I think I might want to take my coat off, I have by shirt covering the gun, otherwise I have the gun butt exposed. You can always go to the restroom and change it if needed.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I occasionally wear either a suit or blazer and carry the same way I usually do - Beretta 92G IWB or S&W 642 IWB (or front pocket if it is likely that I will be taking off the jacket). The Beretta is a not an easily concealed pistol, but wearing a jacket makes it easy. I usually have both weapons with holsters available so with a quick trip to the car or restroom I could make the switch if needed - have never had to yet.

In the car, I often have the weapon that I am not carrying on the passenger seat concealed under a hat, shirt, newspaper, etc, for quick access. Have you ever tried to draw in your car from a concealed holster, with cover shirt and seat belt? It's not easy and definitely not fast.

TurboSixPiston

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same way I carry casually, just with a tucked shirt.

I use a Crossbreed and a 4" 1911. Used to carry at 4:30-5:00 which made the gun invisible as long as I was standing, but moved to 3:30 and a massive amount of cant to hide the gun when I bend over, which helps alot. Straight on I have a funny looking beltline (belt seems to go out farther than his hip... wonder why...), but few people have the wits to notice. If they do notice my oddly shaped waist...

"Hey, what are you doing looking down there, my eyes are up here!"

mayberg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm working with this:

[Broken External Image]

One or two shirt buttons and you're good to go.

I don't think it's so hot for polo-type shirts, but for full button-down long sleeve shirts that you'd wear under a suit jacket, or even without a suit jacket, it works.

I'm still working on getting used to it. My PM9 with Crimson Trace fits just fine.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put it in my briefcase, and just haul the briefcase everywhere. I can't very well sit at my desk with a suit jacket on all day (gettin a little too fat), and the pouch where I store my gun in the briefcase has a quick open latch on it so I can access it quickly if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom